Installing subwoofer with R400 radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing subwoofer with R400 radio

OK, i'm making it my mission to fit anactive sub to my car which so far is defeating me! haha.

I've got a facelift model with the R400 radio and a Blaupunkt XLF200a active sub which has a high level input so i'm just going to tap the rear speaker wires but i need to find them. I've had the front panel and screen out tonight only to find i have different connections to what i've seen and i'm guessing what's in the middle of the below picture is the main head unit as there's only about 6 wires in the CD unit?

On the back of it, it has 3 connectors with lots of different colours and very thin wires.

soo, does anyone know the colours of the rear speaker wires or am I looking in the wrong place? Don't fancy taking the door cards off to find the wire colours like but if that's the way it's gotta be...

cheers all.

###############################

Update!

Finally got it all installed and working! The above pictures are the control module for the climate control!

So I've installed my Blaupunkt xlf200a active sub under the passenger seat. My sub had both high and low level inputs so i've decided to tap into the rear speaker wires instead of using a line converter.

The sub comes with it's own wiring loom which has 1 connector and all the wire are in that for quick and easy removal. I've gone for the least destructive option as i'm the type of guy that will royally screw something up if it can be screwed up! haha

I've run the cables under the left seat rail, the speaker wires then run along the plastic floor/door trim to the front, up behind the glove box, through the centre console behind the ash tray and then into the green connector on the radio control unit behind the drivers mini glove box. i've gone for the overly crude method of just poking the wires into the pins and taped them up!

I run the power cables to the rear fuse box and used the live pin in the big empty space (i'm still to install a fuse in it though). Again, i poked the wires up behind the plastic floor trim, up beside the seat then passed it behind the boot wall to the fuse box. i have grounded it on the bolt that holds the fuse box in place. probably not the best place but i didn't want to rip the car to bits.

I will post pics etc tomorrow when I can get some in better light!

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

The small black box pictured in pic 2 is not where you would take the speaker line from.

The big silver box from pic one that you had all ready removed is where the speaker lines come from. At the back there will be a big black connector possibly with a pink leaver. A patch lead would connect to that then back to the silvery box with cd slot in the front.

He patch lead you have in pic one should fit, mine had text on each wire with e.g "rear right +" but can't help with the o.e wire colours or what the patch lead colours are.

Comment

Just above Carlisle mate.

There's only 1 small plug on the back of the CD unit, with about 6 wires in it, so i wouldn't think it'd be that :|

Gonna give it another bash tonight, see how i get on!

Comment

Ahh I'm Glasgow or would happily give you a hand, if possible can you get a pic of the back of the cd unit.

Without seeing it, I would presume they would be
        Positive/ignition
        Ground
        Front left +
        Front left -
        Front right +
        Front right -
        Rear left +
        Rear left -
        Rear right +
        Rear right -

Did it look like

Comment

nope, nothing like that. there were literally 6 wires in 1 thin plug. i'll get pics later on pal.

googled the CD player part no and it would appear that there is a control unit somewhere in the car. gonna look under the dash later on!

Comment

looks like this!

The little thin box on my second pic is for the heating!
            Last edited by Twed; 30-11-2016, 01:42 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

I found that thingy you posted Nick, still none the wiser so might have to get the b pillars and door cards off .

Comment

SUSSED IT! kinda...

The green plug in the Control module (thing in nick.b's post above) behind the drivers mini glove box is for the speakers. Just need to work out which one's which.

Watch this space!

Comment

Originally posted by Twed View Post
                  SUSSED IT! kinda...

The green plug in the Control module (thing in nick.b's post above) behind the drivers mini glove box is for the speakers. Just need to work out which one's which.

Watch this space!
                  Any updates?
                  C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

Not as such mate. The night i was gonna try do the install I had a call from the driving agency and needed the $$ so wen't out in the truck (bad idea, work the next morning with 3 hours sleep! haha).

I have found which cable colour is which so just need to test it and see how i get on! i'll post my progress in here though. Off on Friday again so will have a big stab at it then!!

Comment

Installed and working!! Update on page 1!

Comment

Nice one! It would be good if you can make a how 2 in the how 2 section. There are other sub installs in there but you're the first to do one in a facelift with the R400 radio. I'll be doing this when the weather pick up in the spring.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                        X