Stop start need some advice!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop start need some advice!?

Hey, just bought a eco insignia 2012 I'm loving it just upgraded from Vectra c 2008. Everything is working fine. But, just realised the other day.. stop stop only works when it is on AUTO heating! Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Is it set up this way from the previous owner. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the forum mate!

The stop start got to meet very particular circumstances before it works. Mine works when it is on any heating mode unless the heating is on full blast hot air or the AC cold is on. Seems odd that yours only works on auto though...

Comment

Thanks you. Just can't seem to work it out, I know there's lots of variables for it to work and it works fine, I suppose I will just have to leave it on auto. Is that ok when it comes to the best way to heat the car?

Comment

Yer does seem an odd one.... I leave mine on auto for most of the time mate and it does just fine for me I just adjust the temp every now and then

Comment

only noticed mine stops working when it feels it's too much of a battery drain, however, I don't use it now since it left me stranded at the traffic lights once, ... tried it a few times and works fine, just don;t trust it!

Comment

I dont use it too often tbh as it bugs me when the car sits at 1000 or 11rpm to recharge the battery haha

Comment

When your is in Auto Mode is it recycling?

Comment

Mine isnt no mate... I can actually change that without the Auto Mode going on or off. I do have the facelift though so not sure if it is something that has changed?

Comment

If I change it to the Air coming in from out side it turns the Auto off. Is there a way of programming what you want for auto?

Comment

Thats odd... I can change that even when mine is on auto

Im not too sure tbh mate. I have never tried. I will have a little go with mine later after work and see if you can change it

Comment

Working...
                    X