Just ordered a tuning box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered a tuning box

Hey all. Just ordered a tuning box for my ecofart 140! i've gone for the Bluespark Pro + Boost (link below).

Gone for a tuning box as my car is still in warranty and don't want to screw that up as i know something will happen! Chose Bluespark as it was mentioned a few times on here and after speaking to Greg (the owner?), he gave me some honest answers about how it all worked and didn't give me any BS which i was expecting.

Should be here tomorrow and will be fitted promptly after it arrives and will be getting a good test going from Carlisle to Market Harborough on Saturday.

Picked this one - http://bluesparkautomotive.com/blues...-boost-control

Will report on it later

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Let us know how you get on mate! Alot of mixed reviews on tuning boxes

Comment

Will do mate.

I'm the same TBH. all of my cars I've had them remapped. 206 2.0HDI was done by a man in a van and was a lot less that what he stated after i done a dyno run. 207 1.6HDI was done by Paul at RS Tuning, cracking job and gave me what i wanted. Last car was a 03 A4 avant 1.9TDI and had that custom done by Rick at unicorn motor developments and that was excellent, I really miss it but it was starting to cost a fortune in repairs.

I wanted to get this one mapped but want to keep my warranty but none of the tuning sites I've seen have wet my appetite (i'm really fussy about mapping) .

Comment

Don't think that because you have a removable box that Vauxhall would not be to tell. If you ever had a warranty issue and they checked your boost pressure etc they would know and would void your warranty
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Superchips do a remap with a warranty so if something does go wrong and Vauxhall wont fix it superchips will by all accounts

Comment

Not much of a warranty, depending on how much manufacturer warranty you have on your vehicle at the time of the installation.

Period: The Lesser of:

a) 12 months from the date of fitting of the Superchip to the Motor Vehicle by a Superchips Approved Installer or
            b) 30,000 miles as measured on the Motor Vehicle odometer from the date of installation of the Superchip by a Superchips Approved Installer; or
            c) the period remaining on the original warranty provide by the manufacturer of the Motor Vehicle at the time of purchase from new whichever is the shorter
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Still better than no warranty though....

Comment

I ran a DTUK box on my Vec C for 4 years with no trouble.
                Exept my fuel rail pressure sensor went (after 4 years) I replaced it and the lad I sold it to has had no trouble.135000 miles now.
                I'm bidding on a Red Box DTUK at the moment it ends tomorrow.
                It will be interesting to see how the DPF deals with it.
                It really is poor performance as standard compared to the Vec, but everthing else I love.

Comment

I been using my bluespark pro + boost on my 61 plate 160 ecoflex for 70k miles with no issues. Do get through tyres a little quicker
                  Car accelerates so much better, even uphill

Comment

I used a DTUK Red box for a bit till the other half took the car and i removed it. Performance was awesome and made it a real weapon. Im tempted to get one again for mine now,

Comment

The box I was bidding on has been removed???
                      It now says ended. Bloody ebay.
                      Must have done a private deal with no fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                        I been using my bluespark pro + boost on my 61 plate 160 ecoflex for 70k miles with no issues. Do get through tyres a little quicker
                        Car accelerates so much better, even uphill
                        No DPF issues ?

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                          I used a DTUK Red box for a bit till the other half took the car and i removed it. Performance was awesome and made it a real weapon. Im tempted to get one again for mine now,
                          The Bluespark one was a lot cheaper than the DTUK ones, then put a 10% discount code on it that i can send you brings it down to £250

Comment

No dpf issues here

Comment

I know Clive Bush has used the CRD T on his before he had it mapped

Comment

Working...
                              X