Possible Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Issue

So yesterday iv had a full major service done with all the filters being replaced, a new timing belt and waterpump, a new speed sensor and back pads and discs with the mechanic telling me to do the brake fluid when the clutch needs replacing with it being a taxi that will probably be sooner rather than later.. the car however since the day I bought it, has always revved between 900-1000 revs constantly when cold all by itself, it just jumps up and down? It will do this until the car is completely warmed up and it's every single time I cold start it... there are no warning lights whatsoever so I'm struggling to think what it could be

Are you saying that this jumping has only just started since you had all the work done?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

You mean it is idling higher when cold.

Comment

It jumps from 900 revs too 1000 revs and then back too 900 revs constantly.. and no its done this from before the work aswell

Comment

So basically what you're saying is that this has been like this for quite some time, there is nothing wrong with the work. Does this affect any performance? If not, what is the issue?
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Yeah it's been like this for a while now, the car performs fine its just annoying and makes the car sound crap

Comment

May be some crap in system? If you use supermarket fuel try running a dose of http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/bg-24...esel-only.html through it. Did have a mondeo that did similar though and that was a leaky injector. Mind you they were prone for injectors where the siggy isn't.

Comment

i found mine jumped like that if i start it on a morning with the "climate control" turned ON Normally this is off in my car at first start, as soon as i turned it off the car idled sweetly.

Comment

egr could be causing it, it could be partially open

Comment

Nah i only use BP, though I havent tried using the ultimate fuel i admit.

And as stupid as this is going to make me look, i still dont know how too fully turn off the climate control even when i think iv turned it all off its still on -_-

Anyway iv decided to wait for a warning light or something to appear, until then its still moving

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeSiggy-123 View Post
                      Nah i only use BP, though I havent tried using the ultimate fuel i admit.

And as stupid as this is going to make me look, i still dont know how too fully turn off the climate control even when i think iv turned it all off its still on -_-

Anyway iv decided to wait for a warning light or something to appear, until then its still moving
                      have googled a piccy for you

on the left side you have
                      RADIO
                      CD/AUX
                      PHONE

then a snowflake, if that snowflake is illuminated on my dash and i start the car my revs will fluctuate like yours 900-1000-900-1000 and so on as soon as i press the snowflake and its not lit up my engine idles as normal
                      next time if i think on i will make a short video of the revs doing it.

Comment

The snowflake is the air conditioning thead

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                          The snowflake is the air conditioning thead
                          I never said it was not aircon, vauxhall have described it under the climate control section they call it "cooling" WE BOTH KNOW its aircon, i apologise for not been more specific least am trying to help the guy instead of nit picking at the post.

Comment

Take a chill pill chilli

Comment

Apparently this could be possible fuel pressure regulator issue? This is different from fuel pressure sensor! Read the comments of the video

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                              X