My Daily Commute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Daily Commute

After 3.5 Years my daily commute from Athenry to Dublin is ended. 2.5 hrs, 187 kms, via car, 2km, train 182km, foot 3 km, is over. All the more time to plague you guys!!

2.5 Hours to get to work, you must be joking.

Comment

New job ? Retired ? Or Sacked ?
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

2.5 hours! I can't imagine what that is like. It takes me literally 2.5 minutes to get to work. And no, I don't work from home either

Early retirement I hope?
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Nope, 2.5 hours each way. 5:45am train to Dublin into office at 8:20. 17:30pm train home, back at 7:45. I'm going to Dublin for the last time tomorrow. Same job, same employer,just with different responsibilities, I'm only 44 ye feckers, not near retiring, but based in my home town. Christmas lunch at 2pm tomorrow, so I intend to make a night of it. My wife has said she looks forward to not being a single mom any more, which she was as I wasn't around monday to friday to do soccer runs etc. What will I do with my 5 hours spare time, Oh ya, sleep for half of it.

Comment

That should be back at 19:45. On the up side I get to spend a lot more time in my siggy, as I always did pre this job in 2013. And I'll get paid for it. A little bit.

Comment

44 ,,,,still no spring chicken
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I'm as young as the lass I'm feeling, and I'm not allowed to say what age she is!!

Comment

I did say early
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                    I did say early
                    Unfortunately not.

Comment

I know that is one way but that is crazy 2.5 hours to work.
                      I commute is 30mins that is long i think. Locals only travel 10 mins

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                        I'm as young as the lass I'm feeling, and I'm not allowed to say what age she is!!
                        LOL not heard that one before!

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

The best one I think I ever heard was about 22 years ago on a college trip, in a pub in Edinburgh, when my friend, who has sported a fine ginger beard to this day and from whence he could grow one, was asked by a local character:
                          "Is that a beard on yer face or are you givin' a squirrel a blow job"
                          Needless to say we had a good night. Love it.

Comment

BTW My daily commute from now on will be 5 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                            X