Navi 600 to Aftermarket Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saul View Post
    If this is for me. Better sound quality overall.
    Upgrading the speakers, fitting an aftermarket amplifier and decent line convertor will improve the sound massively. This will cost about £300 for a decent kit.

Comment

Here is my setup

Comment

And that's also a LOT of work!!

Comment

Any recommendations for a decent'ish budget line convertor? May look into this as a long term project.

C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

I think everything comes down to your budget.

Line converters go from a couple of quid to the extreme £500-600.

Do you want a line converter for 2 channels or 4. Do you want it to be powered (gives a stronger signal) or passive?

Comment

Originally posted by nick.b View Post
              I think everything comes down to your budget.

Line converters go from a couple of quid to the extreme £500-600.

Do you want a line converter for 2 channels or 4. Do you want it to be powered (gives a stronger signal) or passive?
              I'm not after any award winning sound system, would like something with clarity and presence if that makes sense. I feel/find the current set up a bit flat overall. I would presume a 4 channel would be better for all round upgraded sound. I also have an option at the moment to have stuff brought over from the U.S. in a couple of months.

Could I simply just add an amp to the existing set up and upgrade the door speakers?

Comment

So what you are looking for is:
                Navi 600 - line converter- amp - speakers
                Rear speakers are only for fill, not required for a good sq set up.

From experience I would always buy an active (powered) line converter, it means giving the amp the required 2-4v for a strong signal.

A 4 channel converter will give you room to use 2 channels for up front and 2 for sub.

Unless you can get your hands on some old school US made gear or US high end stuff that import only then the uk stuff will be more than suffice.

The rest depends on your budget. I have learned the hard way with car audio don't buy cheap, and please don't buy the wrong/undersized power and ground cables.

Comment

Line out converters examples

Audison sli2 (over priced in my opinion but well made) has auto sense for remote turn on of amps but only 2 channels.
                  To ease the installation, therobust and compact aluminium shielding chassis with connection diagram on the bottom, features connections on one side only, facilitating positioning even in the rear dashboard.

Audio control also has auto sense but has 2 channels plus sub so 4

Passive converters

Stinger (no auto sense but a lot cheaper)

It all comes down to how much you want to spend. There are plenty of examples of people spending 20k on systems some ever higher. A modest good sounding system can be done very well on a budget.

Comment

Line out converters examples

Audison sli2 (over priced in my opinion but well made) has auto sense for remote turn on of amps but only 2 channels.
                    To ease the installation, therobust and compact aluminium shielding chassis with connection diagram on the bottom, features connections on one side only, facilitating positioning even in the rear dashboard.

Audio control also has auto sense but has 2 channels plus sub so 4

Passive converters

Stinger (no auto sense but a lot cheaper)
                    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Stinger SGN111 Car Speaker Wire to 2 Channel RCA 30w Fixed Line Output Converter at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products.

It all comes down to how much you want to spend. There are plenty of examples of people spending 20k on systems some ever higher. A modest good sounding system can be done very well on a budget.
                    Thanks for the help here Nick. Question, what is auto sense? Will look into the links now.

Comment

No prob, I learnt the hard way spending lots on rubbish only to rip it out and spend less on good quality stuff .

Amplifiers need a "remote turn on" signal so they are not on constantly and only when the music or ignition is on.

Auto sense creates this turn on signal when it detects a signal like indicators, parking sensors or music. Would save you a little time during the install.

They were the first eBay links as examples wouldn't necessarily buy from them btw, best to shop around.

Comment

Is this any good for the money? https://www.amazon.com/AudioControl-...gnal+processor

Comment

Audio control is well regarded, and the equipment is built well. Doesn't have the auto sense and requires its own remote but a good bit of equipment. Friend of mine ran the LC2i and he said he couldn't fault it.

Btw you know that's from America? Shipping and import tax would double the price easily.

Comment

Audio control is well regarded, and the equipment is built well. Doesn't have the auto sense and requires its own remote but a good bit of equipment. Friend of mine ran the LC2i and he said he couldn't fault it.

Btw you know that's from America? Shipping and import tax would double the price easily.
                            I found this for the LC2i https://www.amazon.com/AudioControl-.../dp/B00IIL0LW0. In regards to shipping and taxes, a friend is coming over soon so will be a suitcase job for me.

Comment

Either of them would be a good option. Lc2i if your only going to fit front speakers and sub and want an easier time wiring. It's what my money would be on.

Or the lc6 if you want to do front, rear and sub. Will be more hassle to wire.

That's good of your friend, the uk prices for audio control is more than double.

Comment

This seems good for the money http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rockford-F...-/401133667976

Comment

Working...
                                X