Navi 600 to Aftermarket Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sriray View Post
    Is this not similar to what I have just used for the subwoofer?
    C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

Probably very similar to the one you have used for the sub.
      The audio control ones are different as there powered and created balanced signals the above posted doesn't as it's passive.

Comment

The soundstream one i ordered from america is powered.

Comment

So just as a reconfirmation to myself, if I go for the one I linked previously all I will need then is a set of decent front speakers?

Would my subwoofer then be connected to this unit or be left still tapped into the rear speaker wires.

Why couldn't VX leave everything simple and allow for aftermarket upgrade on Headunits

Comment

If you go for the lc2i you will then need an aftermarket amplifier and set of speaker. You could leave your existing sub in place or add a different one at another time.

I think you are just wanting to drop a set of speakers in rather than amps and stuff?

Also vx want you to buy the upgraded pack

Comment

Originally posted by nick.b View Post
              If you go for the lc2i you will then need an aftermarket amplifier and set of speaker. You could leave your existing sub in place or add a different one at another time.

I think you are just wanting to drop a set of speakers in rather than amps and stuff?

Also vx want you to buy the upgraded pack
              Pretty much so, plunk in some sort of amp /processor, new set of speakers upfront, maybe soundmat the doors and off we go.

Is there anything such as the lc2i with a built in amp that can do what I want?

Or this as a very budget upgrade:

LC2I - Processor

Amplifier

Speakers

Comment

There are amps with built in dsps however they are hell of an expensive e.g https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252631626901
                Rockford fosgate also do one but not sure what it's called.

Just to ask are you going to pay someone to do it for you or do it yourself? Going labour rate is between 30-100 for pros.

You will need
                4awg power/ground cables (4awg minimum)
                Amp with built in dsp or each separately
                Speakers (component kit)
                15-20meters 12/14/16awg speaker wire
                Associated crap like heat shrink, snips etc.

To get the speaker cables into the doors you will need to drill through the molex

Not trying to put you off but there is quite a lot involved, but is easy enough to do in a day excluding mounting amps etc or fabrication.

Comment

Also deadening and speaker rings. Can't have enough deadening

Comment

Is this worth buying?
                    Alpine is a leading manufacturer of in-car audio equipment, mobile multimedia components, and in-car navigation systems.

Comment

Depends what you plan to pair with it?

Comment

Was thinking of the lc2i..

Comment

Yea so you would go head unit - lc2i - amp - speakers

Something like this for speakers

With this 4 channel amp

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371030423996 (more powerful than needed but means you can lower the gain if used with the above speakers)

Or this 2 channel amp

Again all depends on your budget tho.

Comment

As your going to use the lc2i I would go for a 4 channel amp.

2 channels for left right speakers.
                            2 channels bridged for a sub.

Would allow you to upgrade further at a later date if wanted.

Don't forget to budget for good cable and speaker cable. If you can solder every wire joint and heat shrink, don't electrical tape.

Comment

Originally posted by nick.b View Post
                              Yea so you would go head unit - lc2i - amp - speakers

Something like this for speakers

I've looked at these speakers previously for my old car. There was also a set of Alpine's that people said were better. I'll try and find them and show.

With this 4 channel amp

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371030423996 (more powerful than needed but means you can lower the gain if used with the above speakers)
                              /
                              Power wise bit of an overkill, but will look into 4 channel ones as well.

Or this 2 channel amp

The alpine I linked, is for sale for £25 (used) so thought it should do the trick. So a 2 channel wouldn't have a dedicated sub output?

Again all depends on your budget tho.
                              I wanted to keep the budget as small as poss, due to the fact that I'm not really sure how long i'll keep the car. My theory was that anything (even on the tightest budgets) would sound better than stock.

Comment

In that case you don't want to start putting amps in as that will involve you drilling into bits of the car.

What you want is a set of speakers that drop in and use the o.e headunit's power (no amps no lc2i). That will give you a massive boost in SQ.

Something like this then:
                                Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Pioneer Ts-g133ci 13 Cm 250 W Separate 2 Way Speaker System at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Or

You would only need the speakers, adapter rings and cable adapter

Vauxhall Astra 2012 Onwards Car Speaker Adaptor Plug Lead Connectors. Vauxhall Insignia 2012 Onwards. Vauxhall Astra 2012 Onwards. Supplied in pairs. Car Audio Warehouse. For car audio enthusiasts, Car Audio Warehouse is the place to be.

And if you want some sound deadening that will make a difference too

Comment

Working...
                                X