Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navi 600 to Aftermarket Unit

Hello,

Can anyone let me know, if the jog wheel and steering wheel functions would still work if I was to upgrade the Navi 600 to an aftermarket unit.

I know there are leads/patches for the steeering wheel, but would these also allow for the jog wheel to remain active?

Thanks
    C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

As far as I know the aftermarket nav will only work on non nav cars
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I heard this a few times now, can you explain why? I also have a navi and want to switch to aftermarket because of bad navi maps and I cannot listen MP3's.

Comment

Don't know mate,,all the aftermarket systems only compatible with non navi cars
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks for your reply

Comment

I replaced a Navi 600 with a pioneer avh-x3800dab in mine. The fitting kit was not cheap but came with the harness to attach the steering controls. I can control volume, skip back and forth tracks and skip forward songs. The mute button also works. You have to install a speaker to still hear the chime from any warnings or the indicator click.

One important thing to mention is you lose access to the car system controls ie automatic door locking etc.. so make sure they are set ina way that you wont want to change them anytime soon!
            2013 Insignia 2.0 CDTi SRi NAV

My Photography - https://www.facebook.com/charleswhitephotography & www.charles-white-photography.com

Comment

Does it mean that every button in the middle of the console will no longer work?

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                Does it mean that every button in the middle of the console will no longer work?
                You rehouse the Traction control button in a custom fascia. Ill take a pic of mine tonight to show you. It also makes the screen a very expensive phone holder as the screen no longer works once an aftermarket one gets fitted. Hazard air-con etc are all unaffected.

My Photography - https://www.facebook.com/charleswhitephotography & www.charles-white-photography.com

Comment

Thanks cdub

Comment

Sounds like a lot of work, without any real gains. I'll probably stick with stock and see later.

Comment

What are you hoping to achieve with an aftermarket system?

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                        Thanks cdub
                        No Problem, here is what mine looks like:

In fairness if your thinking about doing it yourself and you've never done a car stereo install before don't bother.. its a horrible job! Ive done a few and know my way around but even this took me and a mate a day of sweating & swearing.

Pro's

Touchscreen
                        Sound Quality is 10x better (I have replaced all components and have a 12" Sub. All amplified)
                        DAB (I didn't have it)
                        Bluetooth (I didn't have it)
                        iPhone integration
                        Multiple NAV apps to choose from

Cons,

Its an ass to fit.
                        you lose access to the cars menu as previously stated. Not that big of a deal as long all your settings are as you want them.
                        Some fascia's do not fit properly so you have to make sure you have the correct one
                        Cost - the fitting kit for mine was £160 and that was at a discount!

Basically its personal preference. I bought the car second hand and it didn't have DAB or Bluetooth so I survived with a Parrot kit for a while.. but then the head unit blew and they wouldn't replace it under warranty... because of the Parrot kit!! (My work paid to have this installed). They wanted stupid money to replace the head unit so I decided to go with aftermarket.

I hope that helps.. mine is a pre facelift model that makes it even harder apparently.. so facelifts are easier..

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                          What are you hoping to achieve with an aftermarket system?
                          If this is for me. Better sound quality overall.

Comment

A signal processor such as the Audison Bit ten or Bit one or Helix dsp would allow you to keep the standard navi unit and would "upscale the quality of the sound" adding lots of sound quality features not present in headunits under the £1000 mark but wouldn't do anything for Bluetooth etc.

If you were to add a dsp you would need to replace the speakers and amp them.

Comment

Cdub, I also have a pre facelift. It looks really good this way. And you have all functions you can imagine. It is indeed a lot of work. I do not think this is something I can do by my self if I am honest...but it is really nice!!

Comment

Working...
                              X