Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto gearbox issues

Evening all!

Following on from my mirror issue, I've another problem that I'm hoping I can get help with.

If I've been driving for a while and I come to a set of lights or have some reason to stop for a minute I do as normal and sit with the car in drive. If I'm on a hill or slight incline and go to move off the car rolls back for a second then jerks violently forward. It's as if you are driving a manual and you let the clutch pedal up too fast. The first time the car did it I thought that someone had rear ended me! I've had it to the dealer that I bought it from but their usual line of " there's no fault codes showing, so there's no fault" was given to me. I did argue the point but it was useless. I'm currently trying to video the issue as proof!

Has anyone else come across a problem like this before?

I'm driving a 2l, 2012 Insignia Elite auto nav

Cheers for any help here..

Mine started banging into gear when it got warm. a simple gearbox oil change sorted the problem.
    I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

When you say it was banging into gear, would it be the same as I've described? A fairly violent thump kind of thing? Mine would also roll forwards whilst in reverse on my driveway which is fairly steep. I don't know if that's normal as this is my first auto!

Thanks for your reply by the way

Comment

Pretty violent yes. Moving from park into drive was the worst. Had the oil change 2 years ago and had no bother since.
        I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

Replied through PM. Hope you get it sorted,

Comment

The autobox switches to "neutral" when standing still for a few seconds and keeping the break pressed. Switching back to "drive" might take a bit of time when releasing the break paddle. Isn't this what is happening? You could check by slowly releasing the break, it normally engages "drive" during the release of the paddle.

Comment

I'd say if you cant loosen it with a punch and hammer against the thread then drilling the torx bit out is the only option? The screw looks off center? It may not be threaded right which might be the problem? You'll need a decent bit capable of drilling hardened metal of the right diameter.

Comment

Try this method, elastic band first

In this video I look at how to remove some stripped screws by using everything from an elastic band to a dedicated damaged screw removal bit. The 7 technique...
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Try an impact screwdriver.
                  And a slightly bigger t or Allen key.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                    The autobox switches to "neutral" when standing still for a few seconds and keeping the break pressed. Switching back to "drive" might take a bit of time when releasing the break paddle. Isn't this what is happening? You could check by slowly releasing the break, it normally engages "drive" during the release of the paddle.
                    As above, gear box will switch to neutral when standing still with the foot brake pressed. Is the bang coming when you realise the car is rolling back, and you stab your foot on the throttle. It will take a time to engage gear, in that time you have a few revs on and the box slams into first.
                    Try putting the electronic parking brake on, then pull away and let the brake release automatically.
                    Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Left foot braking.
                      This is why the brake pedal is wider so you can swap feet. In my opinion, not fact.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSROOFING View Post
                        Left foot braking.
                        This is why the brake pedal is wider so you can swap feet. In my opinion, not fact.
                        Why not, has the same effect. use to do that on my Old Omega auto, (with a tin tent on) that had a normal hand brake, no auto release. Easier than using hand brake as in hill start.
                        Should think it would fail a driving test though.
                        Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Haha, I've passed my test so they can do one ..

Left foot braking, pre-load and your off.

Comment

Originally posted by MJSROOFING View Post
                            Haha, I've passed my test so they can do one ..

Left foot braking, pre-load and your off.
                            Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

What procedure did you use when you refilled the box?
                              Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X