No announcement yet.

Service AFL Lamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think anyone really has a direct answer to this problem. Sometimes the cornering bulbs are to blame but that's just pot luck and probably the cheapest way of checking. I had it happen about a handful of times in the last 3 years but not at all in the last 8 months or so, so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by singlep View Post
      That's a shame. I've just started doing the same, keeping the lights on all the time so I can use full beam. But the cornering lighting doesn't work.
      I've read a lot about replacing the AFL sensor, but can't find where to buy one or how to replace it....
      A few other things that you could check is the suspension level sensors or clean the AFL sensor, which I think is located behind the rear view mirror. Best would probably be to get a decent code reader on it, will hopefully tell you what the problem is.

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
        A few other things that you could check is the suspension level sensors or clean the AFL sensor, which I think is located behind the rear view mirror. Best would probably be to get a decent code reader on it, will hopefully tell you what the problem is.

Thanks, I'll take a look for the AFL sensor, if it's behind the mirror that should be nice and easy! I've recently had the ECU codes read (due to cam-chain sensors flashing up), there was no mention of codes relating to the lights.

Comment

Thanks, I'll take a look for the AFL sensor, if it's behind the mirror that should be nice and easy! I've recently had the ECU codes read (due to cam-chain sensors flashing up), there was no mention of codes relating to the lights.
          What did you read it with?

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
            What did you read it with?
            It was done in a local garage, as the EML was on. Not sure of the equipment.

Comment

It was done in a local garage, as the EML was on. Not sure of the equipment.
              Oh ok, it's just that some OBD readers, especially cheap ones don't always show the codes that are stored for other modules on the car

Comment

Or they might have not mentioned it, as they'd probably concentrated on the EML light being on

Comment

Pops up on mine but never stops anything from working. Got the codes that pointed to one of the sensors underneath. The funny part is it hardly ever come on unless I drive longer than my normal commute and do the extra miles. So 30 miles a day I get nothing, over 30 it can flash on and off 4 or 5 times in ten minutes. But always resets it self either while driving or turning engine off then back on. Need to check sensors at some point, codes said loss of communication.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                  Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                    Pops up on mine but never stops anything from working. Got the codes that pointed to one of the sensors underneath. The funny part is it hardly ever come on unless I drive longer than my normal commute and do the extra miles. So 30 miles a day I get nothing, over 30 it can flash on and off 4 or 5 times in ten minutes. But always resets it self either while driving or turning engine off then back on. Need to check sensors at some point, codes said loss of communication.
                    Yeah, always seems a bit of a mystery when someone has the problem

Comment

I think it makes it harder to diagnose as there are so many things working together on the system

Comment

The few times it happened to mine, it does same as yours. When you turn it off and back on, the problem is gone

Comment

I had mine read with the latest snap on reader. The snap on rep actually used my car to demonstrate their new kit this was about 6 months ago he spent ages re setting both lights the level sensor and a whole host of other stuff that was completely over my head. He spent a good hour sorting it out. Turned the lights to auto they did their little dance then the afl warning light popped up and hey presto no cornering lights no movable headlights and no full beam. aaaaargh. I just leave the lights on all the time now so at least i have full beam. Ive taken both the cornering lights out and replaced the bulbs also cleaned the afl sensor behind the rearview mirror but as soon as you put the lights on auto it faults. The cornering lights work fine when it faults but the steerable headlight function doesnt work and the full beam doesnt work. The full beam light comes on and off as it should but the headlights stay dipped. Gutted that it wont work as it is a really nice feature especially the cornering lights. I still try it now and again just to see if it sorts itself out but no luck so far.

Comment

Originally posted by alan hawkes View Post
                            I had mine read with the latest snap on reader. The snap on rep actually used my car to demonstrate their new kit this was about 6 months ago he spent ages re setting both lights the level sensor and a whole host of other stuff that was completely over my head. He spent a good hour sorting it out. Turned the lights to auto they did their little dance then the afl warning light popped up and hey presto no cornering lights no movable headlights and no full beam. aaaaargh. I just leave the lights on all the time now so at least i have full beam. Ive taken both the cornering lights out and replaced the bulbs also cleaned the afl sensor behind the rearview mirror but as soon as you put the lights on auto it faults. The cornering lights work fine when it faults but the steerable headlight function doesnt work and the full beam doesnt work. The full beam light comes on and off as it should but the headlights stay dipped. Gutted that it wont work as it is a really nice feature especially the cornering lights. I still try it now and again just to see if it sorts itself out but no luck so far.
                            Have you tried battery disconnected for 30 mins

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I have. I disconnected it overnight but same thing happened when i re connected it unfortunately. They do the little dance then about 5 seconds later you see the lights swing inwards and the AFL light comes on. the cornering lights still work but no full beam or steerable lights

Comment

Originally posted by alan hawkes View Post
                                I have. I disconnected it overnight but same thing happened when i re connected it unfortunately. They do the little dance then about 5 seconds later you see the lights swing inwards and the AFL light comes on. the cornering lights still work but no full beam or steerable lights
                                Do you know what the codes were?

Comment

Working...
                                X