Service AFL Lamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service AFL Lamp

Hi, apologies if this has been posted before (I couldn't find anything similar). My '59 Insignia has a message intermittently (although becoming more frequent) saying "Service AFL Lamp".
    When the message appears the adaptive lighting doesn't work, and I can't use the full beam either. Other times I can drive the car and it works fine, although may stop halfway through the journey and the message appears again.

Any idea what needs replacing? I can't get much out of my local Vauxhall franchise as they didn't seem to really understand what I was telling them!

Thanks

Have a read here and see if this helps. Failing that you'll have to get the codes read

Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

As above

Comment

I heard that it can be the cornering aspect that fails, i had an elite for a short while which threw this error up. It could also be a dirty sensor, not sure where it is though

Comment

Me to are having the same problem sometimes.
          Usually when I am on vacations. Mostly when driving on bad roads i guess.
          Have to stop the engine. And then start it and use manually setting on the lights.

@0011728

Do i have to be a member to see the info from that link?

Comment

Yes but it's free
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Ok, Thanks for the info

Comment

Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Oh, thanks Howy for the link. Will try it out later and see if it's lose

Comment

Originally posted by Insignia dude View Post
                    Oh, thanks Howy for the link. Will try it out later and see if it's lose
                    Hello friends . I'm from Greece. Is there any update on this possible solution? It is really bugging me , and I have replaced the RH headlight unit already..

Στάλθηκε από το BLA-L29 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Comment

there is a sensor located on steering column which purpose is to synchronise steering column movement with headlights (so the lights follow the movement of steering wheel while you drive) and it periodically requires calibration because after a while it may go out of alignment. had the same issue with my insignia and friend of my told me what the issue is. in my case there is no interruption in operation, lights still work fine despite message being displayed every time i start the car.
                      hope this helps if you havent sorted it yet

Comment

I have the same problem on my 09 insignia and have just posted it on here. mine started as yours but now does it all the time i just have to use the manual setting all the time otherwise i cant use the full beam. i had a similar response from vauxhall who didnt seem to have a clue what was causing it only that i should bring it in for them to run diagnostics at some exorbitant cost! I have no faith in my local dealer as they told me to turn off the auto tilt mirror function when going into reverse would mean getting into the main software and re configuring it. I managed to find it in the comfort settings and turn it off in about 5 seconds!!

Be interesting to see if anyone on hear can shed some light on it for us (excuse the pun)

Comment

Did anyone get to the bottom of this? Exact same problem with my 59 plate Insignia. 'Service AFL' light comes on, adaptive lighting and full beam won't work after that. Doesn't come on all the time but now about 90% of the time. My local Vauxhall service centre also have no idea...

Comment

Have the same issue on my 09 estate never got to the bottom of it. cant use the auto setting anymore as when it gets dark the fault comes up and the full beam stops working. Had several people look at it and re set it but it never fixes the problem. I just leave the light on all the time now just a shame it doesnt work as it was a really nice feature

Comment

Originally posted by alan hawkes View Post
                              Have the same issue on my 09 estate never got to the bottom of it. cant use the auto setting anymore as when it gets dark the fault comes up and the full beam stops working. Had several people look at it and re set it but it never fixes the problem. I just leave the light on all the time now just a shame it doesnt work as it was a really nice feature
                              That's a shame. I've just started doing the same, keeping the lights on all the time so I can use full beam. But the cornering lighting doesn't work.
                              I've read a lot about replacing the AFL sensor, but can't find where to buy one or how to replace it....

Comment

Working...
                              X