How To: Replace Oil Pickup Seal in Sump A20DTH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yooooooohoooooooo
    engine oil pressure at idle when warm should be about 140 to 200 KPA but check manufacturer spec
    when driving should be about 310-482 but yet again check
    those kits on eBay ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm no comment but most on here just changed the seal
    your diagnostic fault coukd be a histerical code
    clear and try but
    the seal is a known failure
    so swapp before all goes wobbly.

13-46777 amoco kadiz !

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

lizzard-t I'm with you on the metal sheath from eBay.......if it was any good, then we would all be using them instead of a new VX seal.

Until it's researched, tried and tested, then I'd leave the metal thing to the expert mechanics on Facebook to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetwine View Post

Also does anyone has experience to fit the metal upgraded seal sold on ebay by a polish man, I can see more that 400 pcs are sold, so people trust it, I presume. I would think to upgrade, rather just to swap rubber seals... What do you think?

Safe drive to all!
        IMO,, they'll surely restrict the oil flow,as it lessens the diameter
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetwine View Post
          Hey lads, I haven't seen any warning message about low oil on the dash, but when plug in the op-com and monitoring engine, at the "oil pressure switch" position it says "low". Is it normal as should be, or this is the first sign? Anyone have seen any other data for this position? Like "ok" or "normal" or "high"?

By the other side, position "oil pressure sensor" is showing 192 kpa at idle. A bit confusing for me...

Also does anyone has experience to fit the metal upgraded seal sold on ebay by a polish man, I can see more that 400 pcs are sold, so people trust it, I presume. I would think to upgrade, rather just to swap rubber seals... What do you think?

Safe drive to all!

I litterally just done a thread on this, mine and another poster both have “low” when we plug in OpCom, so I wouldn’t worry atall.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post

I brought one along with the seal ages ago. I just haven’t got round to doing it. Will be taking it up to mb motors hopefully at the end of this month. He gonna do the seal for me and he advised to change the pump to. £350 all in can’t be bad

Comment

Is this just for the DTH engine or does this repair stand for the DTE variant also?

Comment

As far as I'm aware.....it's all 2.0 engines except for the whisper engines

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post

Yes they do. I gave mine to frank when I had my seal and pump done and he said he won’t fit them due to at high speed 80-90mph they do restrict oil flow. So I have it sat here along with the oil seal if anyone wants the seal for a few shillings

Comment

Working...
                  X