Parking over two bays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say 2,, they can walk by then
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
      If I saw someone taking up 2 spaces then I would park as close as I could to his drivers door so he would have to climb in through the passenger door.
      Which makes you a complete cock in my book. It's ringpieces like you doing things like that which just makes the whole problem worse.

Comment

There is no definite age or is there for Parent / Child parking so theoretically there is nothing wrong at whatever age. By the way my daughter is 19 and i use it!!

Comment

Well mine are 8 & 9 so that's me parking in them from now on.
          C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

Maybe i need FATMAN parking ...where do i apply ...

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
              If I saw someone taking up 2 spaces then I would park as close as I could to his drivers door so he would have to climb in through the passenger door.
              I do exactly that too. Very selfish taken two bays.

Comment

Every parking space should be the width of a parent/child bay. It's also selfish when ignorant bastards bang their doors into yours. If that didn't happen I don't suppose anybody would park over two bays.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I used to park at the far end of car parks, as far away from the shop as I could. I had just bought an Astra VXR in 2007, it was 3 weeks old when I parked it at the bottom end of the car park of my local wickes. Biggest mistake I've ever made (other than getting married!). Some guy had an entire flat pack kitchen on a low trolley and he let his kid push it. The weight of th trolley was too much for the kid who lost his grip on it and let go. Off it goes, rolling faster and faster down towards my car at the bottom of the car park. It embedded itself in the front N/S wing and door and also bent the bonnet and took a chunk out of the front wheel.

I park anywhere now!

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                    I would say 2,, they can walk by then
                    Dave is also about when they get a bit older they open doors on their own they swing the door wide open hence the extra room needed.

Comment

For me, parent and child parking is for children who are not able to either get themselves into the car or are not able to strap themselves in. If the kids are old enough to not have the child locks on and open the door themselves, they are able to take care whilst doing so.

Comment

in regards to the parent parking my local Tesco used to issue me with a little blue card that gave me permission to park in the parent parking part of the car park it also stated the purpose of the bays are to ensure a safe path for the children to get to the shop(IE next to a path that leads to the shop rather than having to go on the road and past cars trying to get in and out of the regular bays)as well as giving more space to open doors and store buggys ect and they also said once the child reaches 4 then you are no longer entitled to one.

Comment

Originally posted by stavros View Post
                          in regards to the parent parking my local Tesco used to issue me with a little blue card that gave me permission to park in the parent parking part of the car park it also stated the purpose of the bays are to ensure a safe path for the children to get to the shop(IE next to a path that leads to the shop rather than having to go on the road and past cars trying to get in and out of the regular bays)as well as giving more space to open doors and store buggys ect and they also said once the child reaches 4 then you are no longer entitled to one.
                          My Tesco aint doing jack about parking. So many people use the the child bays and they have staff outside the store not saying a word.

Comment

The shop itself won't want to use too much enforcement in case they scare away customers.
                            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Unless they are controlled by the likes of parking eye or that then Marko is right they won't want to scare away customers.

I used to park over 2 bays at work, (public car park at a gym out of town) at the furthest point where no one else parks as it's miles away from the front door.... it got keyed and a lovely note left saying "c*nt" and the whole day most of park was empty. :@

Comment

Hey pecky,

Can you supply/fit parking sensors from/rear?

Comment

Working...
                                X