Parking over two bays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking over two bays

It's not something I would do because I think somebody will just key it on badness but I see where he's coming from.

I prefer to park in the back of beyond so nobody parks next to me. If I think a carpark will fill up or it's already filling up, I won't park there.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Regardless of where you park, some nob will always park next to.you.

Had to go to the walk in centre at my local hospital yesterday. Parked right out of the way in a completely.empty bit.of a large car park with loads of spaces. Came back, someone parked next to me! Why?!

I completely understand why he takes up two spaces. I do. Within 6 weeks of me getting my Insignia and polishing and detailing it to death, some berk had added a door ding to it. Add that to the news reports a while back about parking spaces not being big enough for modern cars, and the fact some people just don't give a ****, I wont risk having my car damaged.

Comment

I was listening to this on radio 2 the other day, why pay x amount of money for a decent car or any car for that matter only to have some noob only to open there car door on to your car,if I park up either out of way or at a supermarket next to trolley shelter but over the next adjacent bay line,my last car a civic type r I only just parked up and a car parked next to me with kids in back just flung the back door open causing a big dint but they sweared blind that they did not do it, been lucky up to now with the insignia no dents, I don't think I'm being unreasonable if I want to park over 2 bays.

Comment

Much better in the emptier car parks to park with the tyres on the line - makes it look like you can't park rather than done it deliberately, but gives a much bigger margin one side and makes the space on the other side very undesirable.

Comment

Best bet is to stay with your car and send the wife in ...That's what I do
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I'd just park next to him across the line as well just for a giggle, even better if the whole car park was empty as well

It's never bothered me where I've parked if I'm honest.

Comment

If I saw someone taking up 2 spaces then I would park as close as I could to his drivers door so he would have to climb in through the passenger door.
              LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Very selfish and ignorant, not acceptable in my book.

Comment

Think some folk just feel better parking next to another car,maybe their loneliness is in all aspects of their lives..
                  took the mrs out for some lunch at a small retail park,the car par was fairly empty but when we returned someone park right next to me,it's not a 'nice'car thing as we were in hers.a Kia for god sake.
                  Last edited by Logosgil; 16-01-2017, 08:26 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've just given up. I'm careful with my car and around others but mine has a couple of dents from other cars. The answer here is to scrap old bangers. Make people care about their own cars

Comment

Given the opportunity I would a) park as far as possible and therefore less chance of a ding or b) clarkson parking. Don't get me wrong, I'm as careful as can be when getting in & out of parking spaces, trying the utmost to ensure I don't touch the next car. Certain times I even tell the wife and kids to get out first knowing opening the doors will be a prob.

Not everyone is like us, spending hours washing the car, days & weeks polishing the car, mods, meet ups, getting "attached" to the car. Your general joe public is more of a a to b, stop at the local pole for a wash and the circle of life begins again. Do they really worry and moreover care about giving ding's NO!! . Accidentally do it while they are in the car though, it's world war III (speaking from experience)
                      C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

The real problem is standard car park spaces. It was in the news now so long back about the width of spaces based on the average car of yester year. Cars are generally wider now a days so car park spaces should reflect this.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I feel like doing this. The amount of time i go to our local tesco with my child, some tw*t has to park in the parents & child parking bay, not just one tw*t, but quite a few. So what can we do as a parent and there are no spaces? park in 2 normal spaces? I know this is a different scenario, but is kind of connected 'people are inconsiderate of others' This guys is just fed up of others denting his car, i would be the same. I am also fed up with t*ssers that park in parent child bay when they got no child and think nothing of it that they done anything wrong.

Comment

Up to what age of child, would you say it's still okay to use the parents & child parking?
                            C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

I personally would say 14. That is the law for seat belts. By then they should be responsible for their own actions.

Comment

Working...
                              X