No announcement yet.

How long to power polish a car ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took me 9 hours to machine polish my car then 3 hours next day to seal and wax

Comment

Originally posted by r0ryb1985 View Post
      Took me 9 hours to machine polish my car then 3 hours next day to seal and wax
      Any pics?

C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

Took me around 10 hours total (split 50/50 with a mate) to do a single stage machine polish on mine inc sealing it.

My process and products were,

Snowfoam - KKD Blizzard
        Rinse
        3 bucket wash - Gyeon Bathe
        Decontaminate paint
        clay - Angelwax medium Clay
        Dry
        machine with lake country pad & Koch Chemie H80 using a DAS6 each
        Sealed with Autoglanz Synthseal

Interior took me another 2 hours on top of that the next day.

You could easily spend 3/4 days if you are doing a 2 or even 3 stage polish

Comment

Originally posted by del19_82 View Post
          Took me around 10 hours total (split 50/50 with a mate) to do a single stage machine polish on mine inc sealing it.

My process and products were,

Snowfoam - KKD Blizzard
          Rinse
          3 bucket wash - Gyeon Bathe
          Decontaminate paint
          clay - Angelwax medium Clay
          Dry
          machine with lake country pad & Koch Chemie H80 using a DAS6 each
          Sealed with Autoglanz Synthseal

Interior took me another 2 hours on top of that the next day.

You could easily spend 3/4 days if you are doing a 2 or even 3 stage polish
          What's the Koch Chemie like on VX paint? I used megs 205 on a lc orange hydro tech pad and found that plenty for the job.

C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

And whats a 3 bucket wash?

Comment

Originally posted by Saul View Post
              What's the Koch Chemie like on VX paint? I used megs 205 on a lc orange hydro tech pad and found that plenty for the job.
              It was fine. It's a great chemical, we used it to refine as well and it came up great

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                And whats a 3 bucket wash?
                1 with shampoo and 2 with fresh water. One of the fresh water buckets is for rinsing the wash mitt when cleaning the body and the other for rinsing when cleaning the wheels. Maybe me being anal but I'm seeing less swirls and marks using this method. It was something a detailer I'm friends with suggested as he's done it for years

Comment

I get it. In that case I'd be using the 4 bucket 2 mitt method
                  I renew the shampoo and water between wheels and body and have separate wool mitts for body and wheels
                  If washing multiple cars i renew the shampoo and water too

Comment

I heard the 2 girls one cup method was very popular, I tried it, it didn't end well.

I wouldn't recommend it no matter what the lunatics on detailing world swear by.

Comment

I get it. In that case I'd be using the 4 bucket 2 mitt method
                      I renew the shampoo and water between wheels and body and have separate wool mitts for body and wheels
                      If washing multiple cars i renew the shampoo and water too
                      I actually have 2 mitts for the body, one for the top part and one for the bottom

Comment

Originally posted by stewlewis View Post
                        I heard the 2 girls one cup method was very popular, I tried it, it didn't end well.

I wouldn't recommend it no matter what the lunatics on detailing world swear by.
                        that methods a load of crap, literally! (p.s. NSFW)

Comment

Originally posted by del19_82 View Post
                          I actually have 2 mitts for the body, one for the top part and one for the bottom
                          thats actually a good idea, i always start at the top and work my way down...

but back to detailing guys, get your minds out the gutter

Comment

thats actually a good idea, i always start at the top and work my way down...

but back to detailing guys, get your minds out the gutter
                            I've seen a load of detailers doing it that way so thought it must be worthwhile

Comment

Working...
                            X