Possible noise from turbo/transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible noise from turbo/transmission

It sounds like a siren in the distance when i first set off, its only doing it in first and second gear. No power loss and no other problems.

Car is a 2011 cdti 160 automatic with 50,000 on the clock.
    I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Boost control valve? Is it more of a mooing sound?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

As above
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Kind of a mooing noise but still like a whine/siren type. Is it a common problem on these cars.
        Is it something I could replace or a garage job. Thanks guys

I've just looked at a YouTube clip the boost valve makes and it's definitely not that. Just hope it's not the turbo
        I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

Yes replaced them on both my SIG's,,,easy job,,plenty on eBay,,,part no is written on the side
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I'm going to take it to get checked on Sunday. Son in law has a fault reader.

Comment

Don't show up as faults

Comment

Had to buy one few months ago

Comment

Cheers. It doesn't sound like the noise to be honest. I've read a lot of turbo cars sound like a siren without problem, I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Comment

Control boost valve doesnt always make a noise or show any symptoms it could be turbo bearing failing or oil feed pipe dirty or clogged many causes any EML present when boosting

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                      Control boost valve doesnt always make a noise or show any symptoms it could be turbo bearing failing or oil feed pipe dirty or clogged many causes any EML present when boosting
                      Hi Badger.
                      On my siggy I hear this whistling/ siren noise to.
                      It sounds wery high when I am reving from 1500 rpm to 2500rpm. And then you cant hear the noise /whistle anymore.
                      I took of the intake hose and I can feel a play in the turbine wheel.
                      But not to much. It does not go against the walls or something like that.
                      Do I need to exchange the turbo or is there a fix.

Comment

Working...
                      X