Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by franka View Post
    This thread also interests me.
    I have no experience with Apple Car Play as my phone is a Samsung. However with AA the only apps. that are suppported are Waze and Google maps.
    With Apple CarPlay only apps that have CarPlay enabled will show, unless you get into jailbreaking etc which we wont bother talking about, and in terms of Navigation apps there is Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze, a couple of others and i believe a version of TomTom is coming as well. Personally i use Apple Maps as it works well plus it ties into my calendar and most of the time will predict where i'm going and bring it up as the destination in maps which i just ok for the directions. I have Google Maps as a back up just in case on there, tried Waze and really didnt like it.

Comment

MattG-I like this idea, can you tell where you got your hub.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by franka View Post
        MattG-I like this idea, can you tell where you got your hub.

Thanks.
        The one I'm using from Lidl . Long as it's USB 3 you will be OK. I had a USB 2 hub from ebay, it worked more than it didn't, but sometimes lost it. No issues with a semi decent one.
        Just press media button on dash to scroll through devices. Il try to post a video or photos later for you. Also there is a couple of threads here with the pics etc.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

So does that mean you would need to use your phone as the display, but only the waze sound would come through the unit

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
            So does that mean you would need to use your phone as the display, but only the waze sound would come through the unit
            No, AA is on the head unit. All of waze on main screen.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Tried today , then realised its only for the 16 , mines a 14 duh

Comment

Working...
              X