2014 Navi 900 - Android Auto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Navi 900 - Android Auto?

Hi all! I've been having a look around the forum for a possible solution, but have found nothing so far.

Having called Vauxhall, they confirmed that the model I have (2014) isn't able to receive the Intellilink Navi 900 update which enables Android Auto - this is from 2016 models only.

The question is - has anyone found an elegant solution/hack to this problem somehow? If there's some way of getting Android Auto to make good use of the in-car screen, that would be amazing.

Thanks, Gary

Vauxhall don't always tell the truth when it comes to infotainment updates ,,telling you it can't be done,when it can...Not that I'm saying that what you're asking can be done,,,I don't personally know,,,couple of years ago if you asked them to upgrade navi600 to navi900,vx would refuse,,but it could be done ,if you get my drift
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      Vauxhall don't always tell the truth when it comes to infotainment updates ,,telling you it can't be done,when it can
      Cheers! Yeah, gotcha - will keep digging on this then.
      Last edited by Gary_Lawrence; 18-01-2017, 07:11 PM. Reason: Update to reply

Comment

No vx will stick to their guns and refuse
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

The big problem with the latest insignias are that any new electronics have to be programmed to the car and for this to happen you have to have an authorised user to get (and pay for) the codes. Some electronics may require 2 sets of programming and then the cost becomes prohibitive
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by Gary_Lawrence View Post
            Hi all! I've been having a look around the forum for a possible solution, but have found nothing so far.

Having called Vauxhall, they confirmed that the model I have (2014) isn't able to receive the Intellilink Navi 900 update which enables Android Auto - this is from 2016 models only.

The question is - has anyone found an elegant solution/hack to this problem somehow? If there's some way of getting Android Auto to make good use of the in-car screen, that would be amazing.

Thanks, Gary
            Android have just released android auto for your phone which works a treat. I hard wired a Samsung wireless charging cradle to my dash and set android auto to launch when Bluetooth connects to the car. It works great, only difference is it's not through the intellilink however nav, music, calls and messages alerts still come through car audio.

Here's some pics, sorry about the quality.

Comment

As above I use a Samsung cradle and use the app independently. Its only model year 16 onward cars that can take the android auto on intellilink.

Comment

Hey, did anyone progress with the ability to add an Android style control to a 2014 Insignia?

I have looked at two...

GM77 APLUS and a similar unit from NZ i think it was a GM LV-??? .... both a little pricey but really want to have android as a HUD so that I can use the likes of WAZE for sat nav.. I know I can have it on my phone mounted to the screen but would rather it on the head unit...

Does anyone know how or if this can be done ?

Any help would be appreciated :-)

Thanks,

Gary....

Comment

Originally posted by gocart999uk View Post
                  Hey, did anyone progress with the ability to add an Android style control to a 2014 Insignia?

I have looked at two...

GM77 APLUS and a similar unit from NZ i think it was a GM LV-??? .... both a little pricey but really want to have android as a HUD so that I can use the likes of WAZE for sat nav.. I know I can have it on my phone mounted to the screen but would rather it on the head unit...

Does anyone know how or if this can be done ?

Any help would be appreciated :-)

Thanks,

Gary....
                  I contacted adaptiv today this was there reply

Hi,

There is a product called the Adaptiv part number is - ADVL-GM1

Which gives you:

HDMI

VIDEO

USB

SD CARD

REVERSE CAMERA

AUX

but if you can wait a couple months we will have adaptiv Mini which will give just HDMI and reverse camera input – it will give the feature your looking for and be cheaper.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Connects2

Comment

You need a hmi box 2.5 + new radio module [not necessary but its for the voices I'm assuming from android/applecarplay] and obviously someone who has the software to program it.

Comment

Hi did you ever find a way to get android auto on your car screen, or a similar solution. thanks Conor.

Comment

Originally posted by conor View Post
                        Hi did you ever find a way to get android auto on your car screen, or a similar solution. thanks Conor.
                        Ask these guys

Industry leading Vauxhall/Opel retrofit and diagnostic specalists based in the United Kingdom.

Comment

its posssible to add the hmi215 and Android car play.. We are currently doing the same thing with my wife's 2014 insignia elite which did not have any sat nav when it left the factory. Its still a work in progress as we find out things as we go along. Stage one was fitting the Rf900 headunit to get sat nav into the car, a digo cluster was added just because it was doable and liked the look of it. We had the Android Car play running but have swapped back over the HMI modules for a while to permit more experimentation. Factory rear camera is also being added.

We will not be getting back into the Insignia for another month or so as my wife needs the car now to go and do some touring with her family. However I am looking forward to getting all the mods completed to her car. Plasma will soon be able to add more detail his upgrade options for our cars and you will know that we have somebody in this country who can do this and do it the highest standard. There are few people i will have work on my cars, Plasma is about the best there is on this stuff. While i can strip/rebuild a car of modify engines and turbos i am not keen on auto electrics, but i know the best man for the job and he is on this forum..

Comment

This thread also interests me.
                            From what i have learned,since changing cars to a Astra[17reg] Elite, Android Auto and Apple Car Play are only available on Intellilink 4.0, which surfaced in MY 2016. Prior to that it was Intellilink 3.0 which did not support thes functions. I have no experience with Apple Car Play as my phone is a Samsung. However with AA the only apps. that are suppported are Waze and Google maps.

What you can do is load your own navigation programme on to your phone and connect it to Intellilink with a USB cable and the navigation volume plays over the car radio.

In my case with only one USB port to connect to you then lose ability play any USB loaded media. That may be different on the Insignia. This suits me because i think Navi900 is pretty nearly useless.

Comment

Originally posted by franka View Post
                              This thread also interests me.
                              From what i have learned,since changing cars to a Astra[17reg] Elite, Android Auto and Apple Car Play are only available on Intellilink 4.0, which surfaced in MY 2016. Prior to that it was Intellilink 3.0 which did not support thes functions. I have no experience with Apple Car Play as my phone is a Samsung. However with AA the only apps. that are suppported are Waze and Google maps.

What you can do is load your own navigation programme on to your phone and connect it to Intellilink with a USB cable and the navigation volume plays over the car radio.

In my case with only one USB port to connect to you then lose ability play any USB loaded media. That may be different on the Insignia. This suits me because i think Navi900 is pretty nearly useless.
                              Fit a USB 3 hub, I have a 32gb USB drive for music, my phone cable for AA and charging and another 32gb for video (don't really use it).

Can also access all online music from phone via Bluetooth.

Lots of apps support AA. Granted navigation for now is Google maps or Waze. Quite a few music players, Spotify, podcast players, audio books, WhatsApp, hangouts, various text message apps. Some apps are more done for AA than others, but quite a few work even if not shown on menu on Navi.

Apart from the crap radio reception I dont mind the Navi 900, can always use TuneIn Radio app.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                              X