Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Insignia 2.0CDTi Cold Start Noise (with video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine has done 61k and after doing some digging it would seem the water pump needs changing around this mileage.. anybody know the damage for a cambelt & pump fitted on these? I know the price of my 2.0t Veccy chain used to make me cry..
    2013 Insignia 2.0 CDTi SRi NAV

My Photography - https://www.facebook.com/charleswhitephotography & www.charles-white-photography.com

Comment

Not sure it's the water pump in the vid as it's difficult to hear anything really..

The water pump will normally make a chuff chuff noise like a little steam train in cold or damp conditions...easy to tell if it's the pump or the aux belt by spraying a little wd40 onto the aux belt with the engine running..if noise goes away then its the aux belt or tensioner..

Vauxhall are well aware as there is a TSB on the water pump making a chuff noise..

Comment

Could be the aux belt slipping alittle..on a very cold start there will be a heavy load on the alternator as it takes quite chunk out of the battery..

Comment

Originally posted by andy1weir
          so i conacted my arnold clark vauxhall where i purchased the car and spoke to the service department

their answer was.... its injector noise
          I think mine must make a different noise to yours, mine has a very distinctive rattle like something is loose / slipping. Ive heard noisy injectors before and this isn't what that sounds like. What really annoys me is its done it for 5 days straight... and then this morning its not so cold and hey presto.. no noise! So on Monday unless the temperature drops again it isn't going to do it

My Photography - https://www.facebook.com/charleswhitephotography & www.charles-white-photography.com

Comment

I have exactly the second problem on cold mornings it's last for a few seconds and that's it. When it warms up nothing happens, anybody know if this is a serious problem.

Comment

cdub has got his car booked in with the garage tomorrow.
              Waiting to see what they have got to say...
              LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Well what a surprise!, they started the car this morning while covered in frost & nothing! No noise just normal running! This is so frustrating!!

They have suggested a change of all belts and tensioner's (due to mileage 61k) however they want £520 to do it... they can keep dreaming. I may do the belts myself.

One thing of note - On Friday it did it and I was armed with a bottle of water (no WD40 handy) and once I poured it on the aux belt the tone of the noise changed. It didn't go away but it defo effected the noise

Comment

Mine was covered in frost this morning and it made the noise for literally a second.. Mine is hopefully going to go in soon about it and see if they can get to the bottom of it... Fingers crossed something wil come up. I am going to video it every morning now though to see if it does it.

Comment

Originally posted by cdub View Post
                    Well what a surprise!, they started the car this morning while covered in frost & nothing! No noise just normal running! This is so frustrating!!

They have suggested a change of all belts and tensioner's (due to mileage 61k) however they want £520 to do it... they can keep dreaming. I may do the belts myself.

One thing of note - On Friday it did it and I was armed with a bottle of water (no WD40 handy) and once I poured it on the aux belt the tone of the noise changed. It didn't go away but it defo effected the noise
                    Did you show them the video of the noise it makes???///
                    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
                      Did you show them the video of the noise it makes???///
                      Of course, he said "cant really hear anything on a video" which is a typical story with recorded noises!

Comment

I got a video of mine this morning as requested by the dealership. You can really here it on my video.. Will try and upload it to here some how...

Comment

They called me back and want me to take it in for an Aux belt under warranty! I wont complain!

Just a thought - How about everybody with this issue upload a video so we can compare the noise? I'm going to make a better one

Comment

What's the best way to upload a video?

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY View Post
                              What's the best way to upload a video?
                              Id use YouTube on your phone - that's what I do. But guess what... cold start.. no noise this morning!!!

Comment

I didnt have a noise this moring either annoyingly

Comment

Working...
                                X