Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Insignia 2.0CDTi Cold Start Noise (with video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just as a little update - I haven't had the noise at all now since the temperatures have started to rise.. its very annoying.
    2013 Insignia 2.0 CDTi SRi NAV

My Photography - https://www.facebook.com/charleswhitephotography & www.charles-white-photography.com

Comment

I showed them the video last week when my car went in and they were very surprised.

My car is now going back in for all of next week where it is having,

-New Aux belts
      -New timing belt
      -New power steering pump
      -New air con pump
      -New alternator
      -New tensioner

It is also having the head taken off and inspected along with a full fluids change due to the messing about of me taking my car back and fore

Now thats a good dealer! Time will tell if it works

Comment

Happy Days

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY View Post
          Happy Days
          I'm having the same noise as the video above. Yes I can hear it fine because it's the same noise as mine makes.

Not sure I'll take a trip to the dealer yet.
          I'm waiting until service time.

What I willdo in the meantime is pop the bonnet to try trace where it comes from

Comment

I posted this last night but it didn't seem to update on here

I have this very same noise, in fact here's another video that sums up the noise exactly, cold start squeal etc
            Changes in pitch, lenght of noise depending on how cold it is. Seems to disappear completely if its 8 oC+

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

The garage where I have a 12 month warranty told me to "let see what happens over the next month of so" rather
            than investigating the problem, they said if they take the car apart and find nothing, I get billed rather than being
            covered under warranty

This doesn't seem like a "lets wait and see" noise,

does anyone have any advice on what this is? what can I let my garage know. I don't think i'm being picky complaining
            about this?, as the car is still in the 40k mile bracket and driving 100% apart from this noise. It does sound like a 90s diesel
            when it starts in the cold mornings which is really disappointing as I love the car.

I recently had the car in for a glow plug change, but the main reason it was in was to fix this noise, i'm afraid after the cold weather
            stops the noise will go away, my warranty will run out and i'm left to foot the bill

The garage i'm dealing with is an ex-vauxhall dealership that said they've never heard this before, am i being taken for a ride?

Any advice would be great guys

Chris

Comment

At the time of the original post I had it checked and they couldn’t find anything. I have now done 93k and it’s still fine.

The noise only happens in Winter. It completely disappears over warmer months of the year.

Going the Cambell at 100k so I’m wondering if it will be a tensioner or something

My Photography - https://www.facebook.com/charleswhitephotography & www.charles-white-photography.com

Comment

Ahhhh, well that's not bad. Ill continue to drive the car as normal then

I think its more of an embarrassment having a relatively new car that sounds like garbage on a cold start!, that's the only problem

Comment

Originally posted by Testostrone View Post
                  Ahhhh, well that's not bad. Ill continue to drive the car as normal then

I think its more of an embarrassment having a relatively new car that sounds like garbage on a cold start!, that's the only problem
                  Yeah I can relate. At its worst its bloody loud!

Comment

Yea, absolutely, my 2009 petrol siggy, even tho under-powdered sounded like a refined Bentley compared to this morning start shenanigans

Ill leave it for now and see how I get on, thanks mate

Comment

Hi guys
                      I am also getting a rattle noise from cold which only started when the snow arrived. Happens intermittently and only lasts from a second or two up to 30 seconds max. My mechanic is looking into it right now. Will post back with any news. I have a 2010 2.0 cdti.

Comment

Hi have the same on 2015 cdi 33k miles has been in main dealer for 2 days now

Comment

Had exact same noise on my 64 plate diesel .was in stealers for 2 days and couldnt replicate it .still no conclusion on what it is although they changed aux belt and tensioner to see if it helped but still there occasionaly😦

Comment

My mechanic couldn't find any noise and since I have had the car back it hasn't returned but then the weather has got milder.

Comment

Well mine has stopped doing it now its not so cold for the second year in a row... I'm wondering if the Cambelt change next month will make a difference... will have to wait until next year though

Comment

Looking at the Weather temps for next week....this thread could go into meltdown...

Comment

Working...
                                X