Name that noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name that noise

As a few of you know, I am the proud owner of my first Insignia and being new to them, dont know much. Any ways, I can hear a slight noise from within the front of the cab that seems to be coming from the centre console but at the bottom. A quick Google suggest it may be the heater fan. Can anyone confirm that it could be this, and if so how to fix it? I'm imagining allsorts like water pumps and manifolds and anything else that sounds expensive.

BTW it is a constant speed and doesnt increase with engine speed which points me to the fan on the heater constantly going for some reason

Is it a concerning noise or more like a fan?

if you have a facelift model then it may be the fan on the radio control unit behind the drivers glove box/bin.

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

Originally posted by Twed View Post
      Is it a concerning noise or more like a fan?

if you have a facelift model then it may be the fan on the radio control unit behind the drivers glove box/bin.
      It is more of a fan noise. As I said, the noise is contant. Will try and get a recording of it

Comment

What year is your car? I have a noise on mine too.. (2016cdti) it went back to dealers Yesterday an they changed the idler pulley.. Thinking it was that but it wasn't.. so now it has to got to a master tech vauxhall dealer

Comment

Working...
        X