Egr code p0405

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egr code p0405

Got in the car this morning and on the way to work happened to spot the engine management light was on, this is the first real fault i have had since i had my siggy, anyway parked up at work plugged the code reader in and fired up torque and got the following code P0405, jotted that down and proceeded to clear the stored code from the car. The engine management light has gone out and the car is running fine. My question is:- should i be worried?

from google i got this info in the link below

Detailed information on troubleshooting and repairing a P0405 DTC code which has to do with the EGR Circuit Sensor A. Also includes links to relevant forum topics on the code.

however i am hoping the issue is related to this section which i have cut and pasted

If you have access to a scan tool you can command the EGR valve on. If it responds and the feedback indicates the valve is moving properly then the problem may be intermittent. Sometimes in cold weather, moisture can freeze in the valve causing it to stick. After the vehicle warms up the problem may disappear. Carbon or other debris can lodge in a valve causing it to stick also.
    where is this valve located would i be able to see it or is it buried under the car?

Funny you should say that! I had the EML on this morning when i set off to work, so went by the VX garage and they diagnosed a faulty EGR valve and replaced it (car still under warrantee) It now feels like a new car, so must have been on the way out for a while. Do you have any loss of power symptoms etc?

Comment

You can see it and its a easy job to remove. If the gasket is disturbed you will loose coolant, not always the case though. It's at rear of engine facing bulkhead, under inlet manifold, near ECU with a distributor pipe to manifold. Not a troublesome bit though.

Comment

Working...
      X