No announcement yet.

(SOLD) 20" VX line alloys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, all four wheels are buckled. I had them straightened as best but they're still buckled you can't do 70mph in them without excessive vibration and under braking it's seriously dangerous everything shakes.

Comment

Really mate? thats a total pain. Was there no mention of this when you brought them

Comment

Under no circumstances were the wheels buckled, not one was buckled never mind all four. As in the description there was slight kerbing to the wheels and that was the only damage. I think someone is trying to pull a fast one!

Comment

Are you sure they just haven't just been balanced wrong. When I got my ones that are the same I had bad wheel vibration and had them balanced twice. In the end it was noticed 2 had a very slight buckle. In then end the vibration was due to my spacers. Anyway got that sorted and wheels have been fine ever since.

sigpic

Comment

When I was researching this apparently 20 inch wheels can be a nightmare to balance correctly.

sigpic

Comment

Your right pondy mate but his last post says all 4 are buckled and he has had them straightened but they are still not right but when he got the wheels off me they were 100% straight and true.

Comment

Oh dear.

I don't know either person involved in the sale, however, what I would say is that if you were going to try and sell a set of wheels that were less than perfect, then to a fellow member on an enthusiast forum would probably be the last place you'd try. You just know it would come back and haunt you.

As above, I have to say that I also had my 20" wheels balanced twice before they were right.

No chance that they were damaged during the refurb process, were they excessively heated during the process and possibly warped?

Comment

I can only go on what I've been told, not having a wheel straightening kit puts me at a disadvantage.
                  I'm not looking to make an issue out of it as the cost of repair is so low.
                  This is what happened.

I took them to ace wheels he paints the front of the wheels and does small repairs in his workshop.
                  After talking to him I decided to get them fully refurbished as the paint was lifting due to corrosion, so I wanted them sandblasted and acid bathed followed by powder coating, he cant do this in his little workshop and so sent them to another company once he gets them back he'll put the finish on them.
                  This company rang him up to let him know the wheels are buckled, a test they do before treating any wheels. £25 a pop for repair (not a big deal).
                  Ace wheels get them back, applies the finish gets them balanced and gives them back to me.

I've put them on and when traveling at 70mph I get shuddering and very heavy shuddering under braking.
                  Thinking the same as most people I thought the balance was off and took it to a local tire garage (Ace wheels is 30min drive).
                  They only balanced the front wheels at my request and told me the off side was fine, but the near side is buckled and almost didn't balance at all.

I emailed Ace wheels with these results who got on to the company who straightened them.
                  They contacted me right away saying he was 100% confident the wheels are now perfect (its an automated process).
                  He did say that he had a TVR in the other week which had its wheels straightened and it still had shuddering turned out the tire was fucked too.

I'm going to see this straightening company on Friday to try and figure out the issue/s, we're going to take the tires off and see what's what, if the wheel is ok then we'll replace the tire and see if that resolves the issues.

I'm not trying to pull anything and i think an owners forum is the perfect place to sell crap, you have overly eger users wanting to buy, it's all cash in hand and completely unregulated. If it was eBay you'd have some come back and a proper complaints procedure.

The sale is done, any faults I should of spotted at the time of sale.

Comment

Ciggy. I don't know him personally but markarcus71 has been around for a while and I honestly don't think he has sold you wheels knowing they were buckled.

It could of been that they were very slightly buckled but still were fine on his car when balanced correctly and he had no idea.

Like I have said above 2 of mine were very slightly buckled and this was only noticed upon the 2nd time of getting them balanced. I didn't have mine repaired as the buckle is that minor everything is ok with tyres on.

Hopefully this will get sorted quickly for you and at a small cost.

Have you tried a simple fix of just moving wheels from front to rear?

sigpic

Comment

you'd have to seriously abuse the car to buckle all 4 wheels and it would be apparent
                      i think you should try swapping front to rear and also get your brakes checked if the vibrations are increasing under braking
                      also trying getting them balanced at a different tyre shop

Comment

I am sure the problem has happened in the refurbishment process as already stated the wheels were 100% straight and true and only had minor kerbing.

As pondy said I've been around since 2013 and I'm still here even though I no longer own an insignia, I would not pass off damaged wheels to another forum member. I'm sorry the wheels are damaged but it is definitely nothing to do with me.

Comment

So, a company says 'all the wheels are buckled and we have straightened them at a cost'. Having been 'straightened' one is found to be buckled! My first thoughts would be that either the company that 'straightened' them were looking for work, did not know what they were doing, or their test equipment is rubbish. Does it not sound strange that all four are 'buckled'?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                            So, a company says 'all the wheels are buckled and we have straightened them at a cost'. Having been 'straightened' one is found to be buckled! My first thoughts would be that either the company that 'straightened' them were looking for work, did not know what they were doing, or their test equipment is rubbish. Does it not sound strange that all four are 'buckled'?
                            This is spot on [emoji1303]

sigpic

Comment

It's perfectly possible that four wheels are buckled considering: they are used wheels, I have no idea how they've been treated, bought in a service station for cash. (Actually, Mark was doing me a favour driving down!) and currently, I don't know the degree of buckling as Pondy81 said it may not have been noticed by mark, this particular wheel could of been on the rear and better balanced. I have had the wheels balanced twice once by ace wheels/chichester cars and by a local tyre garage.

The two companies ace wheels and Chichester cars both of which are very reputable, I had to wait for Ace wheels to be free for him to do my wheels and Chichester cars are always busy and expensive too!

Their confident they've done a good job and think it's the tyre. I'm going there Friday and he's going to get the wheels off and show me.

I was expecting Mark not to respond to my posts and never to be heard of again kinda thing, which would have reinforced what I'm being told by the garages, the fact you've responded gives me confidence!
                              I should apologise what I should have done is PM'd you Mark, I did say I'm not trying make a big deal out of this as the cost was low.
                              I always find myself stuck in the middle of stuff

Comment

I should say, I love the wheels!!

Comment

Working...
                                X