No announcement yet.

(SOLD) 20" VX line alloys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ciggy... fair play on that response. Hope you get it sorted... please update us after your visit on Friday.

sigpic

Comment

Ciggy, you have 3 players in this excluding yourself, the person who sold you the wheels and the two wheel refurbishment companies. I presume that Checkatrade charge a fee to the companies on it so perhaps not exactly impartial. The wheels you bought could have been buckled, likewise have the companies diagnosed them correctly or incorrectly and has any work carried out on them been done incorrectly.

If they were allegedly buckled when sold to you then in all fairness you should have referred this back to the seller before having anything done to the wheels enabling it to be ascertained whether they were in fact buckled. Not saying that either company has done anything wrong but companies can make mistakes - car dealers on this site are referred by some as 'stealers'.

Yes, all 4 could be buckled but statistically whilst the chances of 1 being buckled then statistically the chance must diminish the more wheels there are.

As for people looking to sell dodgy things on an enthusiast site yes, but would a long time member do that knowingly or would they chose to off-load a dodgy thing on a site such as Gumtree?

Comment

like I say the cost was little, there was no way I was going to make another 9 hour round trip so Mark could ascertain their condition or (with all due respect) wait for the 'they were fine when they left here' response or even if he said ok yeah they're fucked bro you got burned.
        The outcome would be the same, I'd have to repair them. Sure I could cart them around town looking for an even more reputable alloy repair company but I really don't have the inclination nor the time to do so, where does it stop!
        ofc Chichester cars has reviews on google which are positive (and not paid for) and I'm sure on any other reviewer type website I know them by name (well, I've heard there not the cheapest) not check a trade that was to give you guys some reference to the company I'm using and that it wasnt some asshat trying to make money in a shed.
        Sure companys make mistakes thats why I'm going back, he's happy to show me what they do and will diagnose the problem (hopefully).

I made the comment about selling on a site like this in response to a previous post, where they said it would be the last place to sell them.
        I didnt agree, most of these webistes go like this: guy buys car > guy joins car owner website for help and stuff > guy sells car > guy never comes back to website again. why would he care if his 'forum profile' got slated over some wheels. If he did get a new car just make another profile? As for gumtree sure he could but I'd say the people on there are even more scruplus or armed ha.
        ok so that's why I responded its not the last place nor the first place to sell them.
        With that being said it is the perfect place to pick up some alloy wheels that you really like or a nice grill that you cant find on eBay.

Comment

Ciggy, like previously mentioned try swapping wheels front to back and also get your brakes checked, wrapped disc is also a common fault on insignias especially when incorrect torque is applied to the wheel bolts
          im not trying to defend either of you, but trying to find the cause of the issues
          but your comment about forum members not caring isnt true
          yes we have some members come and go when they have issues, but those of us that have been here for ages are here to help the community and not in it for ourselves
          this is a very small forum compared to others but we are definitely one of the better ones

looking at your previous thread you mentioned you suffer from excessive tyre wear on the outside 1/4 of your front tyres, you may have tracking/geometry issues on your car which 20" lower profile tyres will make more apparent as they have less give in the side walls
          you may corner fast but i also put my car through its paces and my tyres wear evenly

Comment

Working...
          X