No announcement yet.

2014 Insignia CDTI ExoFlex Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know why they're doing this when London Colour seem to be able to get hold of 9012 bulbs. I'm not 100 percent sure about the output. Others have fitted them and the don't have any issues but technically I'm not sure the diode is in the correct place. The fitting is different but they remove part of a tab to make it fit.

This image shows where it's trimmed (ignore the bulbs...They're halogens)
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Is the Lumen output lower from the 9006?

Comment

I don't think so. They're pretty much the same.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I'm planning on returning them. Cheap Chinese crap, all too big to fit in the headlight housing. Will spend a bit more and get something better.
          Are the LED ones with the fans on the end any good? How do they compare with the HID light output?

Comment

Update... I returned the Ebay cr*p and bought a set of 5000k HIDs from HIDs Direct - http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/9012-35...onversion-kit/. Not only were they the correct 9012 bulbs rather than a substitute but the kit is just the ballast and the bulb (the canbus bits being inside the ballast rather than separate) so it all fits inside the headlight neatly, with a bit of wiggling. Light output is very good and a good match to the DRLs.
            NB, this is for the facelift.

Comment

Hi. New to this site and just got a 2014 Sri nav. I want to upgrade to lights but I’m not sure what to do. Why do I need a conversion kit. Can I not just replace the bulbs with xenon bulbs like you do when a bulb goes??

Comment

If yours has the stock halogen bulbs you can only replace them with halogen bulbs...some of the best being something like Philips White Vision. They'll put better light output on the road but they still look yellow compared to your LED daytime running lights.

If you want to match them you need HID xenon bulbs that require a ballast. It's called a conversion but it's plug and play. You're literally taking you old bulb out, plugging the ballast into the connection and then plugging the new xenon bulb into that. Quick and easy to do and no tools required.

Comment

Great. Thank you. Last question. Are they legal or will I need to change them out for services/mot’s etc??

Comment

Are there any other lights that I need to change. What about fog or high beam. They will still be halogen or do I just leave them alone??

Comment

They're not strictly legal but it's a bit of a grey area in law. It depends where you get the car MOT'd. A dealer would probably pull you up on them. Service wise it's nobody's business.

Dipped and main beam are from one bulb on the facelift. It's just a metal flap that moves when you activate main beam of flash your lights.

It's up to you if you want to change your fogs. The yellow looking halogens are probably the best for fog.

Comment

Great thank you. I’m going to order some that Rogue-Joker-4885 suggested. I’ve got a year to enjoy them at least haha depending on if I fit them correctly. Thanks everyone for your advice

Comment

Sorry to pester you again. I’m sure I’ve ordered the right ones for 2014 the 9012’s. I’ve ordered some which I think are the same as the ones you have except the 6000k version. I’ve found in a post that you said that you managed to fit everything in the headlight housing. The YouTube videos I’ve just watched show them fixing the ballast the the framework outside the headlight housing and taping the connection up with electrical tape. I’ve not done this before so just want as much advice as possible. I’ve also ordered the H10 60w 6000 fog bulbs to

Comment

Some HID kits have the bulb the ballast and a canceller on various wires. These take up space. The HID kit I linked to has the canceller built into the ballast so there's less 'kit' to worry about stashing in the engine bay. If you pop off the cover on the back of the headlight you'll see there's a nice amount of space within the headlight unit around the central bulb holder and with some gentle wiggling you can get the ballast and wiring into that space after you've fitted the bulb and then pop the cover back on, keeping everything nice and dry and safe.

Comment

Amazing thanks.

Comment

Do I need to consider side lights? Or would they be the DRL’s. so far I’ve ordered the HID kit and some H10 LED 60w 6000 fog lights. I’m guessing rear lights aren’t generally upgraded?

Comment

Working...
                                X