Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Insignia CDTI ExoFlex Headlights

Hi guys,

New to this forum. I've had this car for two years and it's been fairly hassle free, my main concern is the headlights and what you guys recommend I do, when I first got the car I couldn't believe how poor quality the headlights were, my 9 year old Focus absolutely blitzed it for vision at night time! It got to the point where I thought there was a fault and I sent the car back to the dealer, it turns out the lights are just crap!!

What bulbs do you recommend I put in? Is it fairly easy to do on this car? It's a breeze in the old Focus but I know new cars try make it as difficult do anything yourself...

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum pal!

I was in exactly the same boat when i bought mine! I kept dazzling other drivers as I though my lights were dipped but they are crap! It's mainly to do with the reflectors i think, my last car (2003 A4 avant) had projectors and they were brilliant, didn't need main beam almost.

You can't buy upgraded bulbs like phillips extreme vision or osram night breakers, you need to go for HIDs or LEDs. I went for the HID route...

Stopped on a private road. Low beam...

High beam.

And this is how they look on the front, colour match is close enough for me

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

Welcome to the forum mate!

As above go down wither the HID or LED route...

Comment

Hi, welcome to the forum, Andy!

You're in the same boat all facelift owners are/were in. Totally crap standard lights. HIDs are the route most of us have gone down. the best kit at the moment is this one, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CANBUS-ERR...D-8D7_EqllKg9A It's not as cheap as some other kits but it's the best one. Members usually go for either 5000k or 6000k colour temperature. I went with 5000k because I believe they are the best match to the led drls.

The difference between the standard halogen and xenons is massive. Its one of the best upgrades you can do to the car.

2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Got a set of 6000k HIDs from ebay out there in the Yodel delivery abyss at the moment. Not the set linked above because I'm too tight to pay that... will bang up some pics when they're fitted (if they turn up at all). But yes, the standard halogens are dog-toffee.

Comment

I went down the LED route bought a pair of LumiLed from Horizon LEDs. So much better than the candle sticks I replaced. Bit pricey but well worth a look.

Comment

Bloody hell that is alot

Got a picture with them in?

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY View Post
                Bloody hell that is alot

Got a picture with them in?
                Never posted a pic before so here goes

Comment

not bad, but god damn that was a fair whack! haha

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

Looking good mate!

Comment

Nice improvement,,,but they were pricey,,,got my H7 LEDs for just under 40 quid
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks I've always been lucky with having HIDs in previous cars but not in this one and as I do a lot of motorway miles had to get them replaced. They are a straight swap for the old bulbs and fit perfectly. I didn't want to blind other drivers so went for the 2500lm bulbs, I was worried that 6500k would be a bit too blue but they look fine and I haven't been flashed by anyone yet

Comment

Originally posted by silverjellybean View Post
                          I went down the LED route bought a pair of LumiLed from Horizon LEDs. So much better than the candle sticks I replaced. Bit pricey but well worth a look.
                          http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/exterio...-led-headlight
                          I like the look of them, I'm gonna get some. The second of your before and after photos looks to be a good match to the drls.
                          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Or you could get AFLs.
                            Came as standard on my facelift elite.
                            LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Right so they've finally arrived but the bulbs are 9006, not the 9012 as advertised and which I specifically wanted. Can anyone tell me what the differences are (I believe the fittings are slightly different?) before I email the seller and complain, or if I should just give these a go?

Comment

Working...
                              X