Shell Fuelsaver Diesel... seems to be an improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shell Fuelsaver Diesel... seems to be an improvement

Guvi, on Nov 15 2011, 11:05 PM, said:ill try shell on friday and see what it like...... also what revs does everyone change there gear at? for a 2.0 CDTI 160 as im not sure when to as my mate says 2000 and i think 1500

I change around the 2000rpm mark.............but I have the Ecoflex and it pops up a reminder to change gear in the driver display at around 2000. Of course when I hit the sport button that goes out the window when I want to do some spirited driving
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

D00B, on Nov 16 2011, 09:52 PM, said:By the way, How is it possible for my 2.0 CDTi to beat and hold off a Siggy 2.0T???????????

Easy, they are toying with you
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

mossie, on Nov 16 2011, 11:15 PM, said:torque my friend

I was torquing but they are still toying with him

Comment

DaveN, on Apr 6 2012, 03:14 PM, said:As promised I have carried out a prolonged test using Shell V Power compared with ASDA ordinary diesel with the following results.

Insignia 2.0 CDTI (160) ST 4x4 Auto MY2012

Shell V Power Mileage covered 1082.2 litres used 121.83 mpg 40.38

Adsa Mileage covered 2952 litres used 348.78 mpg 38.48

Cost of Shell was 159.9 against 144.7 for ADSA (I only have one garage within 20 miles that sells Shell V Power)

Route was some 80% motorway and 20% urban roads in similar weather conditions.

Therefore the results in my case, the fuel consumption improved by 4.9% but??the fuel cost was increased by 10.5%.

So despite other comments, in my case, it is not cost effective for me to use Shell V Power. (I cannot comment on any cost considerations relating to engine wear as this is a new engine)

That's one helluva difference in price, the V stuff is usually only 6-7p a litre more expensive up here

Comment

Working...
        X