Bad missfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad missfire

Hi guys, first off my apologies if this should be in the engine and drivetrain but I thought I'd hit here first as perhaps a wider audience to give suggestions. If this is well and truly in the wrong section then I'll happily redo it in the other.

Well today running my boy to football training, driving along at 60mph all of a sudden the car took 3 pretty substantial misfires, felt like the Incredible Hulk had hit the car, then maybe 10 seconds later the 4th hit and straight after there was a "whirring/clicking " sounded like it was coming from the top end. I immediately thought a belt was getting shredded. I had that sinking feeling the car was going to grind to a halt. The noise lasted about 5-10 sec and after it faded away it didn't miss again. I carried on and was expecting it to throw up warning lights but nothing? Drive the car home and it didn't do it again, was about 15mins driving. After the crank seized last year 12000 miles ago I've never had much faith in her but was gradually gaining trust again, now back to square one in that department!
    Car is 2.0 cdti 2009 and currently has 101000 miles, I also pulled the dip stick to see if any change in oil level but it was normal, the oil was only changed less than a month ago so is still fresh, so much so it was hard to tell if there was any excess, so I drained the oil into a clean container but got 4 litres out, so no problem there.

Being a full time fireman and doing oncalls I really depend on having a reliable car, I should've punted it last year after her woes but I didn't want somebody else buying a car I knew had had some serious issues, and up till now I had regained faith and was happy to keep her.

Any suggestions?

Did you find out what it was having same sort of problem cheers

Comment

Working...
    X