2011 cdti Elite
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*URGENT HELP PLEASE* Water Ingress

Forum Key Rings
    Following on from my thread about removing the glove box (many thanks to all those who replied and offered much needed and appreciated advice), I was able to get this task done over the weekend. I changed the pollen/cabin filter and replaced the glove box light at the same time.

Trouble is that water is streaming in to the passenger footwell from somewhere. The amount of water I've soaked up is on the boundaries of believable. It seems as though someone is sneeking in to the car in the night and chucking a bucket of water in there.

The old pollen filter was bone dry and I had as good a look as I could with an inspection torch and the surrounding area all looked to be bone dry as well.

I removed the rubber grommet bung things from the bottom of the door a couple of weeks ago. All was dry in there.

When it was hammering down with rain on Sunday I lifted the bonnet and checked on the scuttle panel drain chute thingies. As you look in to the engine bay from the front, the left-hand one was draining ok (right down onto the steering rack?) but the right-hand one didn't seem to be doing anything. Could this be an indicator that something isn't happening as it should?

What else can I try to identify how and where water is getting in? I love my Insignia to bits as it took me from Leicester to Stourbridge and back everyday for over a year and I'm pretty upset by it all now.

Thanks people.

Car
    2019 2.0 sri Vx line tourer 30mm lowered Sun strip. Hekos. Full LED front lights
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was this happening before you changed the pollen filter or just since it has been changed? If it's the latter I would recheck the filter housing hasn't been moved and allowing water to get in.

3. Thanks BlabyLoyal Thanked
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pollen filter housing generally a direct route or near a drain channel, if the housing is seated back correctly it will let water in.

5. Thanks BlabyLoyal Thanked
    Car
    2011 cdti Elite
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart107 View Post
    Was this happening before you changed the pollen filter or just since it has been changed? If it's the latter I would recheck the filter housing hasn't been moved and allowing water to get in.
    Thanks Stuart. It was happening before the filter change I'm afraid.

Car
    2011 cdti Elite
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p3tchy View Post
    Pollen filter housing generally a direct route or near a drain channel, if the housing is seated back correctly it will let water in.
    Thanks. Do you know where I can find out where the drain channels are? I changed the filter when it was peeing it down and couldn't any sign at all of water in that area.

The amount of water that's been getting in is incredible. It's far worse towards the left as you sit in the car (i.e. the carpet near to the tunnel and console is comparatively dry. So dry that the cat litter I put down on some kitchen towel is untouched whereas the other side is soaked).

The Stig

Car
    2017 Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav 1.5 Turbo petrol
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was happening before, have you looked under the passenger door to make sure the drain holes aren't blocked with crap. If they are, rain water/washing water fills up inside the door until it overflows into the car. Also, If you still have the rubber bungs (pre facelift) in the holes. Take them out and throw them away. They block up easier with those in. They didn't bother putting them in the facelift.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

9. Thanks BlabyLoyal Thanked
    Car
    2011 cdti Elite
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marko301 View Post
    If it was happening before, have you looked under the passenger door to make sure the drain holes aren't blocked with crap. If they are, rain water/washing water fills up inside the door until it overflows into the car. Also, If you still have the rubber bungs (pre facelift) in the holes. Take them out and throw them away. They block up easier with those in. They didn't bother putting them in the facelift.
    Yep - I did that a couple of weeks back and it's still all dry in there. Must be coming in from the scuttle panel area?

Car
    Insignia hatch
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the large rubber grommet that the loom passes through damaged. Its located behind the glove box.
    My short plate L7XLL, MTech grooved dimpled discs, Painted callipers, 18" vxr style alloys, vxr indicator surrounds , Alloy pedals, V2 Sino unit, Alpine BBX-F1200 4 Channel 600W, Alpine SPG-17C2 door speakers, Alpine BBX-T600 2 Channel 300W, Alpine SBE-1244BR 12"sub, Red led ambient lighting, Full led interior lighting, De badged black grill, Team Hekos, SRI heated leather interior,2 led boot lights, led headlamps and Custom front fogs

12. Thanks BlabyLoyal Thanked
    Car
    Insignia facelift elite hatchback, 2.0 cdti, in asteroid grey.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=BlabyLoyal

What else can I try to identify how and where water is getting in? I love my Insignia to bits as it took me from Leicester to Stourbridge and back everyday for over a year and I'm pretty upset by it all now.

Thanks people.[/QUOTE]

I was born and raised in Stourbridge.

Car
    2011 cdti Elite
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xLYALLx View Post
    Is the large rubber grommet that the loom passes through damaged. Its located behind the glove box.
    Cheers chap. I'll have to give that a go as well as water is still seeping in. Glad of the warmer and breezier weather to help dry things out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast