Miles per Gallon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miles per Gallon

just had a drive from Nottingham to Kent, and my Issy has come up with this,

It's a 2011 2.0 SRi with 66000 on the clock,

What's your thoughts folks, is it good,bad or about right?
    Average speed was between 73 to 81 MPH..using cruise control, It did creep up 60.2 mpg, but dropped back down after about half an hour of 'town' driving,
    Fuel used worked out at just about a quarter of a tank.

(My old Vectra would only give about 40 / 45 miles per gallon)
    Last edited by Langy; 11-03-2017, 12:10 PM. Reason: Re edit
    Chris

Rub it in

That's not bad, what version is it, 130 or 160?

Comment

It's the 130
      Chris

Comment

Bout the same as mine,best is 58
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Best I've got overall a whopping 41mpg!

In all seriousness I've not done a long run in it yet still can't really comment. Best my 1.9 Astra done was 64mpg

Comment

Best I ever got was either 55 or 56 on a very long run in my 56 plate 160

Comment

Hope someone else took the photo....

Comment

Try having a 1.8. I drive like Miss Daisy most of the time and rarely see it go over 31-32 mpg.

Comment

My normal route consists of about 4 miles @ about 55 mph, then 60 miles @ 80 mph and then about a mile local traffic with two traffic lights. I've got average speed is 62 mph and an average consumption of 40 mpg, expected a bit better when I brought the car. Perhaps when I change the snow tires to normals it might improve a bit. But still enjoy driving it

Comment

And here's the return journey form Kent to Nottingham

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by puppet View Post
                      Try having a 1.8. I drive like Miss Daisy most of the time and rarely see it go over 31-32 mpg.

😂😂 same here! Love watching the fuel gauge go down! 32.6 I'm getting lucky to get 265miles from £60

Comment

Originally posted by J12spk View Post
                        😂😂 same here! Love watching the fuel gauge go down! 32.6 I'm getting lucky to get 265miles from £60
                        What speed are you driving at?
                        Your 265 miles to £60 is equal to 23mpg

Comment

Originally posted by puppet View Post
                          Is this on the motorway?

Comment

That's a good figure on mpg for a 130 bhp.

But then again, I can get that out of my 160 bhp.
                            LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                              Is this on the motorway?
                              No, mixed driving really. Mostly to and from work, which is about 1-2 miles through town, then about 7 miles 50mph limit road the rest of the way.

Pretty disappointing really, as the Vectra I had previously with the 1.8VVT engine could easily do over 40mpg driven the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X