Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were all driving a citroen now

Opinions on the news of PSA buying Opel/Vauxhall
    Only hope is that it is the premium brand.

I think the the Volkswagen stable has instantly become much more attractive.

Comment

Bmw or audi next for me. And they have a better choice of engines. Like the 3 litre turbo diesels. Suprised why vauxhall didnt do bigger engines for the insignia as its a big car

Comment

Nothing wrong with the french imo. I had french before car was good. I would not buy a VW group car, had too many problems with them, big problems, not just the little niggles.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
          Nothing wrong with the french imo. I had french before car was good. I would not buy a VW group car, had too many problems with them, big problems, not just the little niggles.
          Nowadays I don't think there's much difference in reliability between manufacturers - and it's possible that VAG are less than average reliability. Cars are built to a much higher standard than when I was a child in the 70s and 80s and in the summer holidays there are far fewer broken down cars than 30-40 years ago.

Cars like Audi share most of their mechanical components with the equivalent Skoda, but due to the brand image the fashion-conscious people are prepared to pay for the badge so Audis have one of the higher profit margins of mainstream cars. But they're not going to be noticeably more reliable than a Skoda which, when I was a kid, was the butt of all the jokes (cue someone to start a 'Car jokes' thread).

The main reasons I'm with Vauxhall are:
          1. The front seats of most Vauxhalls tend to be among the most generous for legroom and headroom which is useful for 6ft+ people like me.
          2. I think Vauxhall cars have been among the nicer-looking ones during my lifetime.
          3. I prefer to blend in with the crowd and a non-VXR Vauxhall rarely gets a second look.
          4. My local VX dealership seem to be a better bunch of folk than most other dealerships around here I have a fairly good relationship with them (the local VW dealership are so up their @r$e that they wouldn't even call me back when my wife wanted to buy a car a few years ago, while other dealerships nearby have sales staff that are like vultures).

Comment

Could have a huge impact for me,
            I work for one of the suppliers to the Ellesmere Port plant

Comment

A few years ago I was given a free choice for a company car and, as I'd several times been a passenger in a Passat, I thought I'd ask the local dealer for a drive in an automatic. They didn't have one, didn't want to let me know when they did have one, and weren't interested in giving me a test drive in a manual. Similar response from the VW dealer in the next town, so I rang the nearest VX dealer, who promptly turned up at my workplace with an Omega that I promptly fell in love with and was the first of three Omegas I subsequently had. I could have cried when they stopped making it. So, I echo the opinion of my own local VX dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by hellcat View Post
                A few years ago I was given a free choice for a company car and, as I'd several times been a passenger in a Passat, I thought I'd ask the local dealer for a drive in an automatic. They didn't have one, didn't want to let me know when they did have one, and weren't interested in giving me a test drive in a manual. Similar response from the VW dealer in the next town, so I rang the nearest VX dealer, who promptly turned up at my workplace with an Omega that I promptly fell in love with and was the first of three Omegas I subsequently had. I could have cried when they stopped making it. So, I echo the opinion of my own local VX dealer.
                We used to get work hire cars from a local Vauxhall dealer years ago when i was doing a fair bit of travelling about and 99% of the time it was bog standard 1.8 Vectras but one day they couldnt provide one and turned up with a 2.8 v6 automatic Omega....had a great time in that!

Comment

I think the new Peugeot 508 is intended to be the Insignia replacement, they have released in for the first time as a hatchback.

Comment

Working...
                  X