MODS : My Insignia estate 2010.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This while its lockdown is gonna become a daily update of car progress

We got a few things done today (still no black dye has arrived) so we cracked on with running the speaker cables through the doors to the rear what an arse those cables are to get through the original grommets but thankfully we were able to do the right hand side. The cables are tagged so we know which is which when we come to wire up and used cotton tape to seal the cables so they sit nice under the kick panels.
    Got the last of the handles like everything else in the car black, now the handles were the last ones i did the sun glass holder in leather.
    To finish off got the toffee wheel and removed the residue off the rear bumper some of the paint came off but it wont matter as the new cover will hide all that forever.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tw2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	245359

Name:	tw3.jpg
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	245360

Name:	tw7.jpg
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	245361

Name:	tw3.jpg
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	245360

Name:	tw5.jpg
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	245362

Name:	tw6.jpg
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	245363

My house mate knows me too well ..

Name:	tw.jpg
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	245364

Comment

• Enjoying these updates russ. Keep them coming [emoji1303]
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pondy81 View Post
        Enjoying these updates russ. Keep them coming [emoji1303]
        Will do

Comment

• Good progress pal

Comment

• Aye definitely.....keep the updates coming.
            Thoroughly enjoying them Russ

Comment

• Sweet Jesus Russ! And i thought im having a hard time! Nice!

Comment

• Pretty much the same as yesterday but on the left side to day adding the cables through the left side doors was harder than the right as the main power cable was also getting in the way (another cable thats coming out Ive bought 10 metres of 50mm welding cable to use as a main battery /alt cable) so that will be going in soon ish. Also added some black trim that was cream originally to the rear hatch so its looking better. We did also pop the batteries in the wheel well to look at how much the car lowered by and yes we will be lifting the car up about 2 to 3 inches as the subs well their mega heavy..

Black trim that goes round the top half of the window

Name:	tri1.jpg
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	245375

Name:	tri2.jpg
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	245376
                Glove box out ready to run the main cable plus anything else
                old blue 0 awg almost out will prolly be using that for the amps, though i have alot of it knocking about now

Name:	tri3.jpg
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	245377

And a pic of the wires all cabled up in the doors

Name:	tri4.jpg
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	245378

Doesnt look alot but its very time consuming, we dont want any cables on show when the doors are open so running them through the original gromets in the doors takes for ever.

Comment

• And there's me sweating yesterday fitting front/rear dash cam cables!

Nice tidy job Russ
                  Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                  Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

• Russ great work,,wheres the front door cards from ?
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

• Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                      Russ great work,,wheres the front door cards from ?
                      Bought them from Graham Smith came with all the speakers and tweeters to I also bought his amps for these speakers as well

Comment

• Waiting on parts now. Got nothing i can do. The holder came today for the dsp so i git straight on it and with a dremel and the spare console i made a hole for the holder which in fairness looks great but its to flimsy so am looking for another spot to pop it in i wanted to use the coin pocket but its to small am thinking if i can get a twin pod mount and make it look cool al add it to the top where the top speaker was but am umming and erring.
                        Anyhow we had just enough cable to do the leftside speakers so their all in and soldered and wired up. God they look awesome!!

Still no Black Dye spoken to the seller finally but with LockDown their commited to the courier which am guessing are bogged down with this challenging time.

Heres some pics to drool on

Name:	s1.jpg
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	245409

Name:	s2.jpg
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	245410

looking niiice inside!!

They need a clean though..

Name:	s3.jpg
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	245411

Be rude not to take a quick piccy of the car

Name:	s4.jpg
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	245412

Comment

• You need to upgrade your door hinges.... And your ear drums [emoji23]

Look good, great work.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

• Looks great......you should get them door panels changed to leather

Comment

• Originally posted by RBH View Post
                              Looks great......you should get them door panels changed to leather
                              I gave it a go ages ago but i couldnt get 1 part of the leather to sit correctly, am pretty good with covering stuff but i got miffed off with it and didnt bother with the rest but tbh am happy with the black and when it fades which the doors are starting to do i will eventually have alot of black dye al just paint it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                                I gave it a go ages ago but i couldnt get 1 part of the leather to sit correctly, am pretty good with covering stuff but i got miffed off with it and didnt bother with the rest but tbh am happy with the black and when it fades which the doors are starting to do i will eventually have alot of black dye al just paint it on
                                I've just changed my leather inserts to the vxr ones with the white stitching......sits spot on.

I'm sure with the amount of stuff u do to the car, you'll get it right first go

Comment

Working...
                                X