X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RBH View Post
    It's a real head Turner

I'd be sh1t scared incase the windows blew out with all that power
    With all those magnets in the doors I'd be afraid of attracting shopping trolleys and wheel chair users everytime I parked

Looking fabulous Russ

Comment

• Hi All,

Hope you all had a very merry time???

So yea. Rims didnt go to plan they unfortunately were damaged in transit. So they go back this weekend. I did get them before christmas but just bin so busy with work not had chance to send them back. And they looked lush on the car. We came to do a simple test drive and one rim had a wobble. And another had damage to the rim so they werent looked after well by the courier
      I took 1 pic before we took them off as its such a shame they werent ok see pic below with those rims on

Anyway I am now going to keep with my original 5 spoke rims i will pop some fresh rubber on and have them powder coated with a new colour on the spokes.
      Also I have bought an old vxr grille going to give it my touch as the previous owner painted it white and it needs a full restoration. I have a design in mind and something different too. I dont think its bin done so hopefully itl be a unique preface vxr grille. My alu strip Irmscher grille will be going up for sale i know they come up once in a blue moon this is for the preface insignia will fit standard bumpers also .. 200 plus postage. In A1 Condition. I recently tiger sealed the template to the grille as it was coming loose now its firm and as it should be.

So many things to do..

I found a chinese supplier as i wanted to upgrade my headlight clusters. I have the xcites on at the moment and love them but am ready for a change. Ive had a set custom made for the car, their finished but on a container ship somewhere in the world hoping to see them in the next few weeks. I will be putting the xcites up for sale incl the led lighting i added to them. I think Howy wanted them at one time but am unsure now as its bin a while. They are in A1 condition the car only goes to meets and shows last year i did 2000 miles and the previous years even less so everything thats on the car is in very very good condition. I will be wanting 225 for the xcite lights plus postage. I think they retail at 430??

I again bought fresh diamond stitch front carpet from diamond car mats (green stitch this time) There sat in the house but not in the car yet. Also upgraded to a newer Pioneer Headunit. Its got more power and a crisper sound.

Even more News. I was going to do a facelift conversion and was all set. Till i saw what was on offer for custom headlights and was unfortunately put off. (I hadnt found the suppler then ) Anyway I had a custom GS grille made for the facelift. This is a 1 of a kind grille It has the Opel Badge but not like you have seen it before. Has the cross vxr mesh with the top bar in black gloss. This is brand spanking new. I paid over 500 for it as build time was immense. Anyhow id take 250 plus postage as i know i paid way over for it. Its arrived in the country just not here yet like everything else . This is a unique grille. As you may have noticed i do like custom work. Just to be different really. So this grille is the same really.

So the cars off the road till March. It passed its mot with no advisories last monday.

Little things to do .. While the cars on axle stands as you can see from the picture. I need to lanogaurd the underneath its getting a tad rusty under there. I am finally going to add the front inner plastic arches to the front and i may add new stance plus coilovers to the rear. Am in two minds to change the fangs to a new colour. Ive had carbon fibre ones, Click image for larger version  Name:	purple rims.jpg Views:	0 Size:	199.9 KB ID:	360814 Click image for larger version  Name:	axle st.jpg Views:	0 Size:	181.3 KB ID:	360815 before whats on now i may change to black gloss plastic. Unsure tbh. Also bought a black insignia decal.

So after all thats done am hoping car will be back on road by March. Whats next.. ok so the roof needs re-doing black. the white strips on the doors is a going a new colour. having the side rear windows limo tinted black the roof rail doing black and am eager to add something to the bonnet ... will see...

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post

With all those magnets in the doors I'd be afraid of attracting shopping trolleys and wheel chair users everytime I parked

Looking fabulous Russ
        Haha its a proper magnet mate and not just shopping trolleys. you know what i mean hahahahahaha

Comment

• Update

Ok so the cars still on axle stands and will be till mid April. We found the front sub frame was too far gone to rescue. So ive bought an almost new one from a breakers. In almost a1 condition. Were hoping to add that this week if weather is good to us. Weve undersealed the rear all the arches nail brushed the coilover springs for more life and sealed them. We havnt used the lanogaurd yet until the new frame is on. Playing with an old grille as the irmscher grille is pending sold. Inside adding rope lighting, one sides finished. In the engine bay adding some more trim. Im toying with lighting in the engine bay just not decided on what to do yet . One big thing is finished but am sorry i aint saying what it is no its not air ride . A new Pioneer headunit is in just needs pairing with the new dsp. Alloys are still at the powder coaters have bin for 8 weeks getting the new colour has bin a mare for them as they have ordered numerous colours from America and there just not right anyway they will appear i hope early April. I had a colour made for the calipers and a decal popped on .. Went for Dragon Eye Green on the calipers will show a pic and a high gloss lacquer. Weve added the new inner front plastic arches also. If all goes well the car should be completed by May 1st. The new front carpet arrived from Diamond Car mats so thats in. Nice easy job .

I dont really have much to show on the car pics you can imagine everythings black now regarding underneath i do have a pic of the new frame and a pic of the mats thats it really. Am trying to hold off with pics till the cars finished now Im going to do a proper photoshoot with it once done ..

Click image for larger version  Name:	sub frame.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.0 KB ID:	364806

New mats/carpet it sits well with everything else now..

Click image for larger version  Name:	car mats.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.3 KB ID:	364807

Interior as it stands at mo i am looking into way into the future at tfchems seat covers for a nice diamond finish on the seats but am talking October before i go for it
          Id like to do it but as always this is just an idea so it may not happen

Attached Files

Comment

• Looking good Russ, I can't get over how many speakers you manage to fit in a door! Carpet looks great.

Comment

• The fangs freshly painted. polished. Sitting pretty waiting to go back on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fangs.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	364812

Comment

Looking good Russ, I can't get over how many speakers you manage to fit in a door! Carpet looks great.
                Thanks Drew. Yea i know .. As many as possible really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post

Thanks Drew. Yea i know .. As many as possible really.
                  How many in the whole car then.....or have you lost count!

Comment

How many in the whole car then.....or have you lost count!
                    Erm ok Just the 2 front doors .... 8x8 inch bass speakers, 4x6 inch mid range & 4 tweeters. Then in the box 2x15 inch Subwoofers. So 18 speakers all in haha

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	rear shell undersealed.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	364820

Click image for larger version

Name:	caliper.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	364818 Click image for larger version

Name:	front shell sealed.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	364819

I forgot to add the caliper pic and i found some pics of the undersealing .. I didnt do a pic from underneath but its the same

Comment

• Its bin 3 weeks since my last post. No the cars still on axle stands however weve done quite a bit and when i say we i mean we i brought my local garage in to help as am so busy with work i havnt had the time to spend on it. So they are in the process of removing the old front sub frame and putting the new one in. I have and my friend have painted the new one and the sway bar using Hammerite Black Metal Paint and also have had to buy fresh drop links and new radiator supports as they also were to far gone. I have restored an old vxr grille and that will be added sometime soon. The bumper is off the freshly painted fangs are in some trim on the bumper has bin painted also. The rims are STILL at the powder coaters its bin months since i last saw them however getting the powder has bin a mare for them as its like hens teeth am told to get hold of. So maybe next weekend i will be able to pick them up. I am on the lookout for a new rear diffuser the only one i like is made by CSR but they want a huge 300 pounds for and am not tight nor daft i just dont feel there worth it. So am still on the hunt for one. I have my Irmscher Grille up for sale if any ones interested I made a vid and its on fb. If you want to know more add a comment here as my inbox is always at limit on here. Its in almost a1 condition no scratches dent or marks but i like to be honest as it has a very small chip on it but cant really be seen as it hides under a slat even i couldnt find it at first. I resealed the grille last year with tiger seal so its firm and doesnt move at all. Its super clean. Just like the rest of the car. Anyway i hope the next update will be with the car on the road or super close to.

Comment

Working...
                        X