MODS : My Insignia estate 2010.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sean110 View Post
    Looking good there mate! Where are you, id love to hear this in person!

Preston South bud 20 miles from Blackpool

Comment

• 4 tins of Autoglym dye arrived this morning straight on to the head liner it still needs a few more coats so more ordered.
      When something arrives now i am on it like a shot ive nothing else to do now so it keeps me busy till i run out.

Waiting on so many things but i at least have the time to get it done

Click image for larger version

Name:	hl1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	245229

Comment

• That stuff looks good. How is it applied?

might of been cheaper to buy the headlining though

Comment

• Originally posted by Spark View Post
          That stuff looks good. How is it applied?

might of been cheaper to buy the headlining though
          140 pounds for a used head liner i already looked and thats for a cream one so far am into it at 65 pounds that incl the dye ive just bought
          its simple spray on and it drys super quick

Comment

• The hatch is mega cheap but the estate is much more

Comment

• 1st mod that will be seen went in last night i decided to cover the chrome scuff plates on the rear in leather rather happy how they look just wish the insulation would arrive so i can finish the rear

Name:	l1.jpg
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	245230

Name:	l2.jpg
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	245231

Comment

• Nice that, fully dechroming then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spark View Post
                  Nice that, fully dechroming then?
                  Most of it

Comment

• I am so happy the insulation is done just finished it this afternoon what an arse it is to do
                    I have started putting lower trim bits back in but am awaiting my dye to arrive this week so i can add a few more coats then pop the head liner back in then i can add the rest of the trim in but am leaving the lower kick panel out as we need to run cables soon

Name:	rear seat.jpg
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	245303
                    Hoovered all the bits i want to cover with insulation then with some apc i soaked all the body i was covering and wiped clean/dry

removed the oem insulation from the seat bottom so it was bare metal

And all in :

Name:	rear seat 2.jpg
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	245304

Comment

• Bloody hell......I admire your patience.

It's a lot of work, but I'd imagine it'll be well worth it

Comment

• anyone know where i can get the rubber sticky trim for the back estate bumper? I have the chrome one on at mo which you can just see in picture above but i dont like it tbh

Comment

• Originally posted by RBH View Post
                          Bloody hell......I admire your patience.

It's a lot of work, but I'd imagine it'll be well worth it
                          It sure is pal cheers, it will sound so cool once its all up n running

Comment

• ,I salute you Russ,mega job you're doing.
                            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

• Originally posted by Howy View Post
                              ,I salute you Russ,mega job you're doing.

Cheers fella

Comment

• So another day another update

So got the floor back in and side panels back in. Ive mostly bin painting bits so i cant show them as their in the box room drying/hardening & removes that horrid chrome trim off the rear boot i still need to remove the residue but decided to buy one of those posh dark plastic ones just so the rear stays all black i was considering wrapping it but i aint that good at wrapping and to paint it it would just scuff after time .. SO am hoping the dye arrives tmoz so i can get the headliner back in and get all the trims back in n drivers seat back in then its running cables

Name:	in1.jpg
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	245345

Name:	in2.jpg
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	245346

We discussed for the back seat needing plywood for that shops arnt open so thatl have to wait and we need a router so thatl be ordered soon we need a good few sheets as we will be building a sloped amp rack at the rear. obviously all carpeted so it ties in with everything else
                                Last edited by Russ; 07-04-2020, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X