Pollen filter cheap or not so cheap that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollen filter cheap or not so cheap that is the question

As above need a new pollen filter i have 5 to choose from at eurocarparts prices are below rounded up

£15
    £22
    £25
    £30
    £48
    each one looks the same size in the spec but each one has extra added little benefits ie standard, activated carbon, then we have activated carbon plus tom dick and harry and so on. my question is are there any real benefits between a cheap basic filter and an expensive activated carbon plus?

cheers

The original Vx filters are rebadged Mann I believe. I never had any issue with the cheaper non carbon version.

Comment

yeah these are all mann filters

Comment

ECP always have offer codes going, I picked up the carbon filter for £15.

C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

Next question on the side of the filter it has written air flow with a couple of arrows pointing in direction, having just pulled mine out without paying any attention to this which direction are the arrows supposed to point as you look at the filter head on do you insert it arrows pointing up or down?

cheers

think i have it figured out, arrows pointing down.......i hope

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
            Next question on the side of the filter it has written air flow with a couple of arrows pointing in direction, having just pulled mine out without paying any attention to this which direction are the arrows supposed to point as you look at the filter head on do you insert it arrows pointing up or down?

cheers

think i have it figured out, arrows pointing down.......i hope
            Yep the Arrows point downwards,

'think along the lines of 'air being drawn in from the outside and sucked 'downwards' into the fan housing'...That's how i was taught many many many moons ago.

Chris

Comment

Working...
            X