Nightscream - The 1.6 Turbo SRi Nav progression thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sriray View Post
    There has been plans for that but unfortunately have read horror stories about bent valves even using the lube system.
    My father-in-law had an Astra-H 1.6 (non-turbo) with LPG, he experience the horror story himself. Burned valves, total bill about 3000 euro. His OPC Insignia drive without issues on LPG, but hadn't made too much miles.

On the other hand, I've driven a Corsa-D 1.2 with LPG and the lube system, the values were in perfect shape after 200.000 km. The rest of the engine however was a different store, that was scrapped due to high oil and coolant usage, completely worn-out .
    I was wondering if you had any success stories about a 1.6 turbo on LPG, it doesn't look like the best engine for LPG conversion (if there are any good GM engines for LPG)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ernst View Post
      My father-in-law had an Astra-H 1.6 (non-turbo) with LPG, he experience the horror story himself. Burned valves, total bill about 3000 euro. His OPC Insignia drive without issues on LPG, but hadn't made too much miles.

On the other hand, I've driven a Corsa-D 1.2 with LPG and the lube system, the values were in perfect shape after 200.000 km. The rest of the engine however was a different store, that was scrapped due to high oil and coolant usage, completely worn-out .
      I was wondering if you had any success stories about a 1.6 turbo on LPG, it doesn't look like the best engine for LPG conversion (if there are any good GM engines for LPG)
      There have been success stories with LPG conversion on other makes of cars but not too sure about GM. Like you mentioned your father in law has unfortunately experienced first hand LPG conversion that has failed in time. You only notice the damage after prolong use, it is a risk doing the conversion unless you know someone else who has performed it on theirs and been successful after running for a number of years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spark View Post
        Need to see some nice ones of these on the car
        Car is desperately in need for a wash .

Comment

• Originally posted by sriray View Post
          Awww.... Pete loves me
          I love EVERYONE (except when they increase their avatar to 150px, which screws up the listings in 'what's new' - sriray take note!)
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

• Originally posted by PeteH View Post
            I love EVERYONE (except when they increase their avatar to 150px, which screws up the listings in 'what's new' - sriray take note!)
            Good thing he gets banned, screwing the "what's new" listing. What was he thinking...

Comment

• Originally posted by PeteH View Post
              I love EVERYONE (except when they increase their avatar to 150px, which screws up the listings in 'what's new' - @sriray take note!)
              . Don't even use the whats new feature . only use new post .

Never knew my avatar was that big until i clicked on whats new

Comment

• Just let the forum resize it. It's set bigger for everyone now 150x150. Should be no problems. Mines set to that and looks ok
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Car passed MOT yesterday with flying colours not bad for a 8 year old car

Comment

• Current looks

Stills needs a proper clean and machine polish.

Comment

• Keep it pal, it is a nice car

Comment

• Still looks great

Comment

• Originally posted by Spark View Post
                          Keep it pal, it is a nice car
                          Na, need the money to go towards my current one

Comment

• Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                            Still looks great
                            Stunning when it is clean, and got the bigger wheels.

Comment

• Lovely.

I loved the elite 20's on it

Comment

• Looking well for 8yr old,nice motor Ray
                                Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                                X