PSA and all that comes with it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA and all that comes with it.

When are we starting negotiations with the PXXXXXX and CXXXXXX drivers group? Is this a brexit thing? How depressed am I, that I'm driving a PSA.

Your car was designed and built by Vauxhall so it was, is and always should be considered to be 100% Vauxhall.
    In fact, even the new Insignia Grand Sport and upcoming models like the Crossland, Grandland and Viva Rocks are still Vauxhall as far as I'm concerned.
    It'll be the next generation of models, or the mid-life 'facelift' models that become partially or fully Peugeot/Citroen.

I have nothing in particular against Peugeot/Citroen - most manufacturers have similar reliability these days. However, I test-drove a 308 GTi 1.6T/250 and Insignia 2.0T/250 VX-Line (both 16-plate dealer demo cars) about a year ago and the Peugeot engine was rubbish in my opinion while the Insignia's was pretty good even though it was 'only' the same headline BHP while hauling round a car that was at least a quarter ton heavier.

I heard something a few weeks ago that Peugeot-Citroen want to use Opel's 'badge' and German origins to create another upmarket 'German' brand to try to steal some market share from Audi, BMW, Mercedes etc.

Comment

'Up Market German Brand'? Opel have being trying to do that for decades. The Omega was better than the 5 series, but didnt sway buyers. Not going to work. After the new Insignia I think from what I'm hearing, It'll be a goodbye from me. Unfortunately. And with regret. VW looking the better option. Even though I hate the bloody things.

Comment

The french have always been good cars in my eyes. I would off got a citroen / peugeot if they did a large hatch back.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
          And with regret. VW looking the better option. Even though I hate the bloody things.
          Wouldn't touch VAG cars with a barge pole. Every VAG car our family had issues which is dangerous.
          This is the last VAG car we had. All this is caused by a dodgy wiring to the Car Network

I would stick around with the french and americans

Comment

Yes back in the eighties early nineties, when they gave a ****. Now? not? Back then 205 with the 1.9 diesel = rocket. 405 with anything but base engine was a fabulous car. Those seats in the 405!! After that they lost the plot.
            Now all is pretty crap. No, it is crap.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
              Wouldn't touch VAG cars with a barge pole. Every VAG car our family had issues which is dangerous.
              This is the last VAG car we had. All this is caused by a dodgy wiring to the Car Network

I would stick around with the french and americans
              I've had a GM with full service history which would turn off when it felt like it. on motorway, during overtaking etc. dealers (all I took it to) all said its OK no fault codes. This went on for months. I sold the car back to the dealer. As for the video, sorry all i get from that is a sick Skoda with warning lights on, what am i missing? Theres pups in everything

Comment

I've had a GM with full service history which would turn off when it felt like it. on motorway, during overtaking etc. dealers (all I took it to) all said its OK no fault codes. This went on for months. I sold the car back to the dealer. As for the video, sorry all i get from that is a sick Skoda with warning lights on, what am i missing? Theres pups in everything
                Things happen like loss of indicators, headlights, brake warning failure, airbag not functioning etc

Comment

Before my Insignia Tourer, I had a 63 plate Pug 508 SW and before that a 59 plate Citroen C5.

I done 70k miles in 2.5 years in the C5, and around 50k miles in the 508 in 22 months. I didn't have any issues at all!! ...Okay I needed a steering rack on the C5 but that was mostly my fault for messing up a power steering hose in a flood! Other than that nothing - even the dealers were alright to deal with.

They were decent cars, the C5 was interesting, the 508 dull but still a good car.

I'm not at all bothered about the way things are going/have gone!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
                    Your car was designed and built by Vauxhall so it was, is and always should be considered to be 100% Vauxhall.
                    Incorrect. The Insignia is designed anf built by Opel in Germany.
                    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                      Incorrect. The Insignia is designed anf built by Opel in Germany.
                      Vauxhall-Opel are one and the same as far as I'm concerned. When I said designed by Vauxhall, I meant Vauxhall-Opel.

Comment

'Up Market German Brand'? Opel have being trying to do that for decades. The Omega was better than the 5 series, but didnt sway buyers. Not going to work. After the new Insignia I think from what I'm hearing, It'll be a goodbye from me. Unfortunately. And with regret. VW looking the better option. Even though I hate the bloody things.
                        I have to agree, I won’t be buying the next insignia after my grand sport, Peugeot and Citroen are poorly built, not that reliable with electronics and are generally awful to drive, although to be fair they always have a good ride. My farther and sister both drive them as well as my neighbour. My neighbours older 208 convertible is the best of all 3, it was back when Peugeot built good handling cars its also simple so reliable, good looking and half decent to drive, I haven’t got anything really positive to say about there newer models, The Citroen DS line look pretty funky but the reviews aren’t that favourable. So I don’t know 🤷*♀️ what I’d get after although I’ve always wanted a camper van [emoji846]

Comment

I agree 2000, opel Europe designed both there previous and latest insignia, its also a Buick regal in America and Asia, holden insignia in Australia, vauxhall here etc... its Opel/vauxhall and is built in Opels Germany factory

Comment

My daughter has a Citroen Ds3 1.6 150bhp it looks very pretty but drinks oil, to be honest I’m happy with my insignia and I loved my Zafira 150bhp

Comment

No more onstar after 2020now under PSA wish gm hadnt sold it i defo won’t be buying another vauxhall now ��

Comment

Working...
                              X