Android Head Unit for facelift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah right....Still a good price.

Does Dab still work or do you need their module? (Extra £50) I think.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I wish it worked. Unfortunately you need the extra DAB unit from them.... I will be getting one, once canbus works properly.

Comment

It's a shame the OEM DAB doesn't work with it but at least there is a working add on for it.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Any update on the canbus yet?

Comment

Nothing seems to be fixing the issue. They have just offered to send a whole new unit as it might be down to unit itself as few other units were sold and they did not have "these issues". So awaiting new unit..... We will see how that goes....

Comment

That's a shame but hopefully the new unit will sort it. It still looks promising if people have bought them and not reported any issues.

Thanks for replying so quick.

Comment

So, still no luck. Everything is working apart from steering wheel controls. I wonder if there is anyone here that has got android unit in their facelift siggy and if same problem occurs ?

Comment

There are plenty who have after market navs in their pre facelifts that work fine with the steering wheel controls so I can't understand why they don't work on the facelift. I haven't heard of anybody who has fitted one yet.

What do the supplier say?

Comment

Well, help wont be needed anymore. It is working now it all came down to a cable that "was not related to steering wheel control issue" or at least thats what supplier claimed when I asked them. Yes it was all about one cable that had to be connected directly into steering wheel for controls to work. So finally unit is working the way it should, now I need to order dab and reversing camera

Comment

Mark,,,you can get your cheque book opened,,it works
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by laskapr View Post
                        Well, help wont be needed anymore. It is working now it all came down to a cable that "was not related to steering wheel control issue" or at least thats what supplier claimed when I asked them. Yes it was all about one cable that had to be connected directly into steering wheel for controls to work. So finally unit is working the way it should, now I need to order dab and reversing camera
                        I'm getting excited now

Did the supplier sort the cable or did you find it yourself? How is it fitted? Do you have any photos? Glad you've got it sorted but I want it working out of the box without too much hassle. Ideally, if they now know the problem, they should be sending out modified wiring with the systems from now on?

Comment

All the cables are in the box when sent from supplier. After installation i had this one cable left, but as mentioned above, when asked supplier about it they said not to worry as unit is working and this cable is a power cable for different cars and its not related to my steering wheel controls issue. Im using original unit, cables and canbus that arrived first time and its all working fine. You cannot reassign controls to different functions, which is a shame but give me some time and I will finally find a way to do it from xda forum. I will order reversing camera and dab units either today or tomorrow so on weekend I can get photos on how to remove unit and where to connect all cables.

There is still an issue with fascia, but I'm going to adjust it myself this week. It literally needs one thing to be cut off using dremel tool. Which I will take photos of as well and post both here and send to supplier, hoping they will change it for future orders. If they dont, then its not a big job and photos on how to will be here.

Comment

Ah nice one. So all should work out of the box when I order! That's what I like to hear. I'm definitely gonna order this after I've read your how to. Looking forward to it. Thanks for all the info!

Comment

I have a 63 cdti and have been looking at the same unit I assume it will fit, I have been looking at your pics and it seems identical to mine, I would replace the navi 900 unit. Look forward to your how to

Comment

Hi Ben,

If yours is a facelift it should fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X