• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RBH View Post
    What do you take me for????
    No comment [emoji23]

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

• Originally posted by MattG View Post
      No comment [emoji23]
      Come on then......pray tell......

Comment

• Good afternoon guys.. some great reading here...
        the unit i have is the k5548...

Had 2weeks and not have the nerve to install it yet...

Did anyone get round to making a video???
        ​​​​​​or clear step by step install indtructions??

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by Shieldy69 View Post
          Good afternoon guys.. some great reading here...
          the unit i have is the k5548...

Had 2weeks and not have the nerve to install it yet...

Did anyone get round to making a video???
          ​​​​​​or clear step by step install indtructions??

Thanks in advance
          Exactly the same model as mine.

no video, as i just wanted it installed and didn't have time to faff about like Steven Spielberg.

very easily fitted.

Comment

• RBH

The main part i kinda dont have a prob with... but the steering wheel controls ontop of the wheel column then the part down by the knee.. kny info and advice greatly recieved

Comment

RBH

The main part i kinda dont have a prob with... but the steering wheel controls ontop of the wheel column then the part down by the knee.. kny info and advice greatly recieved
              Shieldy....the steering wheel control....I wouldnt recommend fitting these.......they cause battery drain.
              common fault in these.
              The cables going underneath to silver box is extremely easy. Each plug only fits to another plug.....you cant get these mixed up mate.

Comment

• Wish me luck. Gonna try fitting tomorro.
                as for the drain i did read not too connect the black plug down on the right side

Comment

• Also... am i right in saying. I dont need too go on top of the steering wheel either to fit? Just go direct to the right side?

Comment

Also... am i right in saying. I dont need too go on top of the steering wheel either to fit? Just go direct to the right side?
                    There's no need to go to the steering wheel if your not fitting the steering wheel control plug.

Just underneath to the silver box.

Comment

• A bit of a long one but worth a shot.

Currently have a teyes unit which replaced my big nav screen. Fitting was straight forward leaving the 3 port plug and just connecting the other two.

The issue is I have no steering wheel controls. Noticed while reading people still had volume. Did you have to do anything to get that to work?

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
                        A bit of a long one but worth a shot.

Currently have a teyes unit which replaced my big nav screen. Fitting was straight forward leaving the 3 port plug and just connecting the other two.

The issue is I have no steering wheel controls. Noticed while reading people still had volume. Did you have to do anything to get that to work?

Thank you
                        You will not get any other control to work.
                        basically, your connecting a ribbon wire extension to the factory loom....and from that extension is a plug with a green and black wire I think it is.....that's the volume up and down or if you choose, track up or track down....you have the option....it's the only thing you will get to operate from the steering wheel controls.

Be careful of battery drain.
                        I don't know anyone who hasnt suffered this.

Comment

• Originally posted by RBH View Post

You will not get any other control to work.
                          basically, your connecting a ribbon wire extension to the factory loom....and from that extension is a plug with a green and black wire I think it is.....that's the volume up and down or if you choose, track up or track down....you have the option....it's the only thing you will get to operate from the steering wheel controls.

Be careful of battery drain.
                          I don't know anyone who hasnt suffered this.
                          Decided to order one of those steering wheel add on controllers for the head units of Ali express. It comes with a adapter you need to wire into the key 1 and 2 and acc / gnd. Takes around 20 minutes to wire and set up. Works great and responds instantly
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Hey Guys Im thinking of upgrading my standard stereo unit to one of the latest android sat nav units from icebox.

Can I ask is there anyone who has one installed and been using it for a good bit of time (ie a year or over) without any problems, any lag or delay issues.

does it run the same as day one basically?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Ok so back to steering wheel controllers.

In the box were 2 wires. I had no idea what they were until I went looking at the steering wheel controls.

The lead in question replaces the steering wheel control cable that goes into the steering wheel. This then is then instered at the back of this cable. Best described a extension.

Going off this is a simple 2 wire plug. This goes into the keys plug on the main wiring harness from the head unit.

So far I haven't had any battery drain. The only slight issue I have is the steering wheel controls lights stay on for a minute or two after the car is switched off and then stays off.

From here I have my steering wheel controls fully working again. Attached is the picture of the wiring. It appears different from what your units from icebox auto works with steering wheel controls so hopefully there's no drain.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSingh View Post
                                Hey Guys Im thinking of upgrading my standard stereo unit to one of the latest android sat nav units from icebox.

Can I ask is there anyone who has one installed and been using it for a good bit of time (ie a year or over) without any problems, any lag or delay issues.

does it run the same as day one basically?

Thanks in advance.
                                Sorry for the double post.

I would aim to get one with the best processor you can at the time of ordering. At the moment that appears to be the ums512 which is in the latest units from Joying etc.

This paired with as much ram as you can find (mine has 6gb of ram) will ensure that the device has no slow down and I've only had this particular unit for a month but it's fast as the latest tablets out there and there is no slow down. Only issue I've only come across a few that are compatible with the insignia. I use the Teyes cc2+ And if you can get past the looks of a tablet stuck on a dash you certainly in for a well supported and high specced unit.

Comment

Working...
                                X