Android Head Unit for facelift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I´m from Germany.

I bought this one here before reading anything.

My Car is Facelift with a Navi 900 Intellilink Gen1 Bose Soundsystem. Now in the description it says no Support for Infinity Soundsystem. I think its the same for Bose, or?
    Someone wrote, that the Steeringwheel control is not supported because the Navi 900 gets the Control from Cluster over LIN, and not Resistors. But there is a Converter from Pacaudio which will convert it.

My biggest problem is, if it will work with Bose Soundsystem. Anyone here with some Information?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by laskapr View Post
      All the cables are in the box when sent from supplier. After installation i had this one cable left, but as mentioned above, when asked supplier about it they said not to worry as unit is working and this cable is a power cable for different cars and its not related to my steering wheel controls issue. Im using original unit, cables and canbus that arrived first time and its all working fine. You cannot reassign controls to different functions, which is a shame but give me some time and I will finally find a way to do it from xda forum. I will order reversing camera and dab units either today or tomorrow so on weekend I can get photos on how to remove unit and where to connect all cables.

There is still an issue with fascia, but I'm going to adjust it myself this week. It literally needs one thing to be cut off using dremel tool. Which I will take photos of as well and post both here and send to supplier, hoping they will change it for future orders. If they dont, then its not a big job and photos on how to will be here.
      Hi can I ask if you have a photo of where the cable went into as I have a spare cable and cant find where to put it and what the cable looked like thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin516 View Post
        Hi can I ask if you have a photo of where the cable went into as I have a spare cable and cant find where to put it and what the cable looked like thanks
        Can you see the cable you're left with in this pic?
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
          Can you see the cable you're left with in this pic?
          I have since sold Insignia, but the cable I had left was one for steering wheel control which you plug in inside steering column once you lift the trim. Which cable have you got left over?

Comment

• Originally posted by laskapr View Post
            I have since sold Insignia, but the cable I had left was one for steering wheel control which you plug in inside steering column once you lift the trim. Which cable have you got left over?
            It's not me, it's Martin516 who asked. I was asking him if he sees it in the pic. I suspect it's the steering wheel control cable too.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              It's not me, it's Martin516 who asked. I was asking him if he sees it in the pic. I suspect it's the steering wheel control cable too.

Hi guys thanks for getting back to me yes it was that cable but I got it all working no just annoying when it says audio off on my speedo screen but can live with that.

Comment

• I've bought a TTF1983 Tesla style unit from Icebox Auto which is supposed to be compatible with factory installed nav systems. I'm now searching for the GPS cable and the radio aerial connector.

I'm finding my way around the car's electronic systems and would appreciate a couple of pointers please.

My car is a 2015 Elite. I've removed the navi / climate control panels where there appears to be three bits of electronics. One is obviously the cd player. Above that is a smallish black box about the shape and size of a glasses case which I think is the climate control unit. If I remove the cd player then below that is another unit. Is this the hmi and if so is the GPS connector on here somewhere?

Behind the mini glove box on the driver's side is what I think is the radio unit and presumably one of the connectors on that will be the aerial?

My kit came with its own GPS unit which I hope to not have to use. Instead I hope to use the factory unit with a suitable converter cable. The kit also came with a fakra to din aerial converter cable which I also hope not to use. I've found an amplified DAB / FM splitter which should connect to my usb dab radio module (again with a suitable SMB female to SMA male adapter) and to the aerial socket on the back of the android head unit.

So, for now, I'm hoping to get confirmation of the location of the GPS and radio connectors please.

Comment

• OK, first off all three cables accepts the supplied Fakra to Din aerial cable so I started with the cable which was plugged in to the black Fakra socket, centre / top of the image. When connected up to the head unit this allows for radio reception. Not very good radio reception so I'm not 100% convinced that this is the correct cable, it's possible that this is for DAB...

Next I connected the cable to the white Fakra connector, to the left of the black one and this provided a better signal (8 FM stations instead of 2 with the black connector).

Finally I tried the green cable which was connected to the connector in the bottom left of the picture and this yielded zero stations so I'm guessing that the white connector is for the AM / FM radio.

Anyone know for sure what the green and black connectors are for?

Anyone know where the GPS signal comes in?

Click image for larger version

Name:	radio.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	244363

Comment

• GPS is from the hmi, can't tell you what plug is for the aerial reception, 1 must be dab and 1 must be radio

Comment

• Originally posted by Mario92 View Post
                      Factory fitted microphones. Everything works for me just had massive battery drainage but think that’s fixed now
                      Hi, I have the same problem
                      the steering wheel buttons are faintly lit up, and I think, it kill the battery.
                      How did you fix for that.

Comment

• Hi Buddy

I have now fixed the problem. What unit did you buy ? all I did was not plug one wire in and it fixed the problem

Comment

Hi Buddy

I have now fixed the problem. What unit did you buy ? all I did was not plug one wire in and it fixed the problem
                          How did you fix it

Comment

• I unplugged the black cube that goes into the power unit just next to your steering wheel. It actually does nothing and just drains your battery

Comment

I unplugged the black cube that goes into the power unit just next to your steering wheel. It actually does nothing and just drains your battery
                              On top of the steering wheel.... for the controls?

Or the black plug that goes into infotainment box down at the drivers knee?

Comment

• Drivers knee sorry don’t know what each part is called. I can take picture later on show you what I mean unless u know already what I mean by it

Comment

Working...
                                X