My Limited Edition Cdti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omg
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Doesn't improve the more I look. Still in the grand scheme of things nobody hurt and it's just a bit of plastic.

Other than that I haven't bothered painting the rear calipers yet as i didn't have the hardener for the paint so didn't think it would dry anough for me to drive tonight and I couldn't leave at work and use a van again. Another job for the to do list.

Comment

How exactly did it happen, I'm going to jack mine up tomorrow, and all I'll be thinking ov is this

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
          Doesn't improve the more I look. Still in the grand scheme of things nobody hurt and it's just a bit of plastic.

Other than that I haven't bothered painting the rear calipers yet as i didn't have the hardener for the paint so didn't think it would dry anough for me to drive tonight and I couldn't leave at work and use a van again. Another job for the to do list.
          Actual heart breaking.
          I think it might just be glued on with some clips to change the skirts. You can pick up a new vxr set for around £80 delivered which isn't the worst - but unfortunately unpainted. I'm needing a new set too, so I've been looking into it.

Comment

Ouch! Good job you're ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Brizo View Post
              Actual heart breaking.
              I think it might just be glued on with some clips to change the skirts. You can pick up a new vxr set for around £80 delivered which isn't the worst - but unfortunately unpainted. I'm needing a new set too, so I've been looking into it.
              Where is that ? 80 quid ones ?
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                Where is that ? 80 quid ones ?
                Apologies, looked further into it, they're non genuine. Would be nice if I looked at the finer print!
                It was a set of these though
                Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for VAUXHALL INSIGNIA OPC / VXR LOOK SIDE SKIRTS at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products.

Comment

Originally posted by Brizo View Post
                  Apologies, looked further into it, they're non genuine. Would be nice if I looked at the finer print!
                  aye,theyll be the fibreglass ones

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                    aye,theyll be the fibreglass ones
                    What are the genuine ones made from?

Comment

• Just had a trade quote from autovaux for a genuine one £148 + vat and delivery in primer then would need to get painted and fitted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brizo View Post
                        Hard plastic

Comment

• Originally posted by Brizo View Post
                          By the price......18ct gold

Comment

• Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post

What about a decent panel beater???
                            He could heat the skirt to bend it back in, plastic weld it, prep it then paint it.... me that be worth a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by RBH View Post
                              What about a decent panel beater???
                              He could heat the skirt to bend it back in, plastic weld it, prep it then paint it.... me that be worth a try.
                              Was my first thoughts

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                                Was my first thoughts
                                Be cheaper

Comment

Working...
                                X