My Limited Edition Cdti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Limited Edition Cdti

Been on here a wee while and on IE before and thought it is about time i started a thread. I previously had a techy grey 11 plate sri which i was slowly doing things to and then a friend of mine and old member of IE and vectra c.com (JOHNLE) posted up last June that he had traded his car in for a Jag and popped a link to the dealer. I was on holiday at the time but knowing the car and its spec and how john looked after it i emailed the dealer and done a deal on the car.

Car is 2013 limited edition in red with pretty much all the options ticked by John when he bought new and had only done 24k.
    Spec
    - Full Leather
    - Dual Zone Climate control
    - Heated Steering Wheel
    - 8" speedo display
    - Navi 900 intellilink with 8" Display
    - Bose audio
    - Front and rear camera
    - Front and Rear parking sensors
    - AFL lights
    - Keyless entry and start
    - TPMS
    - Retractable Tow bar
    - Tinted windows
    - Electric Folding Mirrors

Mods done when i bought
    - Irmscher Roof Spolier
    - 20" irmscher turbostar alloys
    - full Dual exit stainless exhaust system with new twin exit suround

Mods so far
    - All interior lights changed to led
    - Alloy Door pins
    - Rear grab handles changed from black plastic to chrome to match the fronts
    - Irmscher mats
    - VXR Grille
    - Bluespark pro + tuning box
    - private plate
    - Irmscher number plate surounds

Plans
    - MTEC drilled front and rear discs and mintex pads (waiting to be fitted)
    - 2nd boot light (bought still to fit)
    - Upgrade suspension to Bilstein B12 kit
    - De chrome a few bits
    - Eventually upgrade brakes to 337 fronts and 315 rears
    - Upgrade headlight bulbs to 6K
    - Remap

Enough waffling a pic from when i got her home and a good wash and polish. More to come as i get my pics onto photobucket.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    VXR Grille
    [IMG][/IMG]
    As she stands today with winter structures on (alloys going back on this week)
    [IMG][/IMG]

Totally different car on the 20's. Very nice.

Comment

I know it's amazing what a set of wheels can do, I think it had 19" atomics on originally. I do about 60 miles a day to and from work so got the structure wheels already fitted with winter tyres so popped them on but hate the look of them although the state of the roads it's probably saved the 20"s over the worst of the weather.

Comment

Looks well on the 20's. Grille is tasty too. I'm doing >25,000 miles a year on my original Vauxhall 20's. They get a pounding. They are unbelievably strong wheels with the abuse they get with our roads. The worst is bridges where the road surface has sunk before the bridge and you hit the 'lip' of the tarred surface over the concrete bridge structure. Ok in 18" wheels but not in 20's. You can see a pothole in advance but these obstacles are almost invisible and you have to remember where the fook they are.

Comment

Lovely motor Graeme,,,cracking spec too,,,mods are ,,nice to see someone else with spoiler in the correct place,,,seen two on fb,over weekend fitted to the strip along top of hatch
          Last edited by exclusiv.; 17-04-2017, 08:17 AM.
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Also ,for choosing drilled only discs,,I have the drilled and grooved,,but are quite noisy
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Finally started to make some progress today. After a lot of faffing about with a dodgy locking wheel nut or 2 I finally got the alloys back on and got bonnet and 2 wings machine polished, polished up and waxed.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Binned my locking wheel nuts,,they're a pain in the fkn ass

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                  Binned my locking wheel nuts,,they're a pain in the fkn ass
                  Me too now. Just need to get more wheel nut covers now as I am short.

Comment

Looking lovely......Got some nice shine going on there.

I've never had any issues with locking wheel nuts. Paul hated them with a vengeance I do miss our disagreements over them.
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

It looks a nice motor, any pictures of inside?

I often think should i just put the normal nuts on, when was the last time someone nicked your wheels? unless you live in a dodgy area

Comment

You've opted to not have the lock nuts with those wheels on it... Brave brave man.

Comment

Originally posted by p3tchy View Post
                          You've opted to not have the lock nuts with those wheels on it... Brave brave man.
                          I was thinking the same....especially as there is clearly a market for these wheels.

My mate who runs his own tyre place keeps telling me to get rid of my lockers as "nobody steals alloys anymore"....so I said, so when they get stolen, are you going to replace them? and told him to crack on, stop bullshitting and just fit my tyres!!

Comment

My mates garage had a Porker RS in with a blown engine so the lump was out and the rolling shell parked up outside with a cover on in a locked compound blocked in by 4 cars.

They covered the CCTV, pulled open the fence, broke into all 5 cars, moved the ones blocking the Porker in, Moved that and took the wheels off it. My mate had to shell out 10k for replacement wheels as it wasn't covered to be outside. they ignored the M cars and lower spec porches that were there as they just wanted those rare expensive magnesium (I believe) alloys.

People defiantly still steal wheels and the rarer the more chance. I've never seen those Irmy 20's on another sig, I personally would have 5 lock nuts on each wheel.

Comment

Going to the extreme there, we own insignia's and are very common,

Comment

Working...
                              X