Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pfff.... Next problem...Noise Inlet Manifold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ernst I think you saved me a lot of money. Do you think I can conclude 100% no swirl flaps or is it possible that they are in the housing but are not serviceable?

Comment

Did you try to pinpoint where the noise comes from? You could use a large screwdriver as stethoscope: Put the handle against your ear and the blade against different parts of the engine and listen. Just be careful not to hit running parts

Comment

I will try that. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Hello Sriray, I possibly found the problem of the irritating noise, to be sure, can you check your car for it? I also have a picture and it is the pipe of the steering pump which lies in a cable holder on the bottom of the frame. That one is loose. You have to wiggle it with your hand to see if tou have it to. Thanks.

Comment

Ok thanks i shall take a look. My car is electric steering so i'm not sure how it differs

Comment

Allright...

Comment

Excuse me SRIRay, don't bother.... sound is back!

Comment

Comment

Here is a picture of mine

Comment

Definely not the cause. Thanks for the pic. Sriray, do you know what I not understand? The noise we have is very irritating. You choose not to fix it because it is fine with you and that's ok. But I do not understand why I cannot find Anything on the web about this problem. If you ask me there must be a whole lot of other people having this noise but cannot seem to find anything.

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                        Definely not the cause. Thanks for the pic. Sriray, do you know what I not understand? The noise we have is very irritating. You choose not to fix it because it is fine with you and that's ok. But I do not understand why I cannot find Anything on the web about this problem. If you ask me there must be a whole lot of other people having this noise but cannot seem to find anything.
                        If you press your clutch in does the noise change? Yes the noise can be annoying probably why the previous owner sold the car, the noise does make sound like a noisy engine, but on some days the noise is hardly heard, i have been on to the dealers about this along with other issues but cannot fix the fault or notice there is a fault there as no fault code found. I have also contacted VX customer service with not much help apart from take it into the dealer for them to investigate, the dealers are pretty rubbish as they can't fix a fault with no fault code found. So i am living with the noise issue

Comment

No change after pressing the clutch. I hope someone comes by who will eventually find it. Thanks for your response Ray.

Comment

Did you listen to the engine from the under the bonnet or inside the cabin. Have someone press the clutch in for you.

Comment

There is no change after pressing or releasing the clutch. Just replaced flywheel and clutch assembly btw. First I tought that it where the swirl flaps in the manifold but someone here gave me the info with a picture of the manifold en could clearly see that the manifold has no swirl flaps.

Comment

Pfff.... Next problem...Noise Inlet Manifold?

Hi Ray,

I found the problem, I was my starter engine.
                                You can check it yourself if you want. Just two bolts and two cables to remove.
                                When you have it out wiggle it left and right. Almost know for sure also with yours is making a lot of noise.
                                With me the shaft was loose and also had loose parts in the starter.

Finally the sound is gone.
                                sriray

Comment

Working...
                                X