Tyre recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre recommendation

Looks like I'll be needing a new set of tyres soon. Can anyone recommend any mid class tyres. The alloys I had bought came with a set of Bridgestone on the front and Barum on the rear. They still have some life, however rears look like they have uneven wear (plus one has a screw nicely wedged in). Fronts possibly slightly longer life.

I've read somewhere that Nexen Tyres are quite good and have also been recommended Uniroyal's. Both similar price but on paper/reviews Nexen seem to be better.

Real life opnion/reviews count more, so any help guys.
    C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Hankook k117 are good mid range tyres. Most cars leave the factory with them

Comment

I have heard good things about Uniroyal rain sport 3 tyres so I am going to take a punt on them when mine go.

Comment

I've used hankook my insignia. They perform very well. Drove a new audi a4 with the same tyres and that was good too. I got mine from oponeo who were the cheapest at that time
        Last edited by Mo_miah; 26-04-2017, 10:45 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
          Hankook k117 are good mid range tyres. Most cars leave the factory with them
          Just had a look at these on the oponeo website, they are priced the same as Pirelli and Goodyear. Also fuel economy on these are rated as E.

Comment

It's a possible full set that I will need so every penny helps.

Comment

Nexen get my vote here

Comment

On the car before the Insignia fitted a set of Michelin CrossClimates. Very happy with them such that when the time comes for new tyres on the Insignia it will be the CrossClimates. Did about 20k on them and there was at least 10k life left plus they were quiet and avoids, should one wish to, having a set of winter tyres. The price seems to have gone up since I bought them which was just after they were released but considering the mileage well worth the extra expense as well as having the snowflake symbol.

Comment

When I had my vectra c, I used to put nexens on that, good grip in the dry and the wet. Needless to say, when I need new tyres on the insignia, I will be replacing them with the same nexens I had on the vectra. Hope this helps...
                  LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

I`ve got nexens on the front and very impressed so far.
                    I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

Don't know which Nexen's you guys have/had. These are the ones that I am thinking of.

Comment

everyone will tell you something different. I personally wouldn't touch Nexens after fitting 2 Nexen I think they were the N8000 tyre to the rear of my Vectra XP2. All handling of the car went to pot, akin to the feeling of all four shocks failing. Popped the Nexens on the front and put the front Kumhos onto the rear and the sway stopped, needless to say they were binned immediatley.

I fitted Vredestein after that and they were fab, as were the Kumho, but couldn't get any more than 10k miles from the front of any of the mid range tyres. Priced at £130-£140 for 18". I now have the insignia and fitted premium Assymetric 2 F1 all round, the fronts are returning 25k miles for the price of £160 per tyre so actually far cheaper in the long run than the mid range.

Wife has the Rainsports on her Vectra, again fab tyre, quiet, grippy in both wet and dry with excellent handling, but not sure if she will see more than 10k miles from a pair on the front.

Comment

hi saul these are the ones i am currently running on my motor. i have to say for the price i can not fault them considering they are the same tread pattern to the conti's at a much cheaper price. we get about 16k out of ours. replaced my front two with exactly them same again as i was that impressed with them. everyone has there own opinion on tyres tho.

Comment

Originally posted by emmamatt38 View Post
                            hi saul these are the ones i am currently running on my motor. i have to say for the price i can not fault them considering they are the same tread pattern to the conti's at a much cheaper price. we get about 16k out of ours. replaced my front two with exactly them same again as i was that impressed with them. everyone has there own opinion on tyres tho.
                            Hello,

Are you referring to the Nexen?

Comment

After using michelin pss, dunlop sport maxx rt and goodyear asymmetric 3 everything else seems rubbish. Most tyres will provide enough grip but some will provide more.
                              After a few close calls in the rain i never use anything else.
                              Day to day most tyres will be fine but in an emergency that 1m extra braking distance is the difference between stopping in time and being a 1m into a wall
                              Not staying spend a fortune but dont try save too much
                              Just my opinion

Comment

Working...
                              X