No announcement yet.

Body kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well put the vx line kit on last night. Taken out the garage this morning to check and so far so good. Garage was like a oven.
    she's looking a little better with the kit also with the colour coded shark fin

Comment

Very nice! You've got to keep it now!
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Looking very good mate! I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
          Very nice! You've got to keep it now!
          she will be staying with me for somoe time now. im now almost at the point i wanted her to be. just gota wire the tail lights in at some point. need more hours in the day

Comment

What colour is it, have you got any pictures

Comment

Loads better

Comment

Originally posted by MJSROOFING View Post
                What colour is it, have you got any pictures
                of the shark fin?

Comment

Hi guys have you got any ideas on how to seperate the vx line kit from a car in the first place? I have a chance to take from a donor car but don't want to break the kit taking it off as I hear it is tiger sealed on.

Comment

Hi mate perhaps warm water and try getting some thin fishing wire behind the trim work your way round if that makes sense

Comment

Hi buddy, thanks for getting back to me. Yeah makes sense and that was my plan. Would you say there would be alot of sealant used or is it just blobs here and there. I just wondered how it set also as I haven't seen the adhesive myself. I didn't know if it set hard so unable to cut or a more rubbery consistency. As the kit is on someone else's car I need to try and not damage the vehicle also. Sorry for all the questions it's just the seller is selling ridiculously cheap and therfore stupid to walk away empty handed .

Comment

Hi mate the sealant should be in one countinous bead along the top edge really and then sticky tape on the bottom . It does set hard but have noticed that when I have been using my tar remover that it seems to soften the glue a little as this may help with removing

Comment

Are the side skirts genuine mate? I can’t seem to find any. I’ve got fibreglass ones but they’re so poor fit so didn’t bother fitting them.

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

I am worried about using a solvent etc as didnt want to strip them. If it is only 1 bead along the top then shouldn't be too bad. But i am still worried about the time taken to remove as the car will be gone soon. Only really got a few hours tomorrow to attack them. Yeah they are genuine chap from a scrap car. I got the 20 inch vx line wheels of it as well . Just praying the kit comes off, and comes off clean. I'm not too concerned about the skirts, more the front splitter and rear valance to be honest as I think they will be more fiddly to remove. I was also looking at the ebay skirts but I was concerned about quality and fitment.

Comment

Got the whole kit off today. A few issues but managed it. This stuff does not want to move. Not as much was put on the kit as i imagined though. A lot of sanding to do now as I need to go from black to white. Also need to remove the rest of the residue.

Comment

Working...
                              X