2xcite lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snapshot11 View Post
    got some of these on order has anyone got a link to a decent LED and or HID conversion suitable for these lights many thanks.
    Search eBay for H7 LEDs,or H7 hids,,there's loads to choose from,,I've had both bulbs in these lights before I sold them,,hids edge the leds for light output

Don't go for the cheapest kits
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks just wondered if there was a specific one that was best are they easy to fit read you have to drill a hole in the casing would that not let moisture in.

Comment

No there's no specific ones pal,,like I said ,I've tried both and the hids just pip the LEDs for light output,as for the hole you drill,if you drill it the correct size,it won't let moisture in because there's a rubber grommet supplied with the bulb kit goes in the hole. I'd recommend you get 5000 or 6000k bulbs for these lights

Also a little tip,before you fit the lights,there's an inspection hatch held on with 4 screws,,remove the bottom 2,,if you leave them in and need to change a bulb the bottom 2 screws are impossible to remove whilst light is on car,,water won't get into it with these screws left out,as there's a rubber gasket on the inspection hatch
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I had just read that on a previous post but very useful tip would be a nightmare if you were out and a bulb went. Many thanks for advice I shall get a decent set and post pics when done hopefully.

Comment

No probs,,and they're a 200% improvement over those shite standard halogen headlights,,you'll be able to see where you're going

Comment

LOL i know what you mean my last car was an Astra Sri it had factory AFls fitted loved it just the 1.6 petrol was way to under powered and drank petrol like an F1 car the Siggy 2.0 CDti is so much better.

Comment

Well ive just fitted the 2excite lights and what a an improvement over the standard candles. Upgrade to HIDS next but looking at it were do you mount the ballast i cant see any good mounting points and on the passenger side it looks impossible.

Comment

Just used zip ties,,anchored to where I could,,told you they were a massive improvement

Comment

Cheers mate

Comment

H.ID.s fitted and wow awesome view of the road. there is a bright patch on drivers side directly in front of car I had the headlights set up properly after fitting with the normal bulbs is this normal? the beams look fine and no one has flashed me.

Comment

All sorted now bulbs just needed adjusting just a though will it pass an MOT with HIDs in or is a case of out some cheap halogens back in for MOT.

Comment

It'll pass an MOT with them in

Comment

Thats good news then just wondered with them not having the shutters etc each side I had them set up properly when i bought them had no flashing but the dont half light people up on the pavement which i suppose is good just seems a little high but when driving they dont shine in rear view mirrors etc so they must be correct thanks for reply.

Comment

Shutters ???

Comment

Sorry i mean lenses or mirrors as in the AFl system to control the beam direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X