3rd service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd service

Anybody know whats involved in the 3rd service and how much . Paid 160 just for an oil and filter change on my last service from vauxhall as it was still under warranty. Now that has run out i might take it to an independent garage with the parts required.
    Ta.

My understanding is that it is a minor service at year 1 but the biggy at year 2......at least that is what the dealer has told me and what the service book shows.

Comment

I agree second was a big service including brake fluid change for mine I have it on a service plan which was £25 a month , this covers the next service and Mot due in sept . I have just extended this for a further two years so two more services and mots for £16 a month .
      It's not the cheapest I know but it is main dealer service stamps and spread out so no big bill .

Comment

I will have to check my service booklet maybe its the 4th service im thinking of but quite sure its the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Lff64 View Post
          I agree second was a big service including brake fluid change for mine I have it on a service plan which was £25 a month , this covers the next service and Mot due in sept . I have just extended this for a further two years so two more services and mots for £16 a month .
          It's not the cheapest I know but it is main dealer service stamps and spread out so no big bill .
          Yeah service plans are the best way to go. I took out a 5yr plan, with brake fluid changes every 2 years, free MOT'sfor £20 a month. Inflation proof and cheaper than paying individual wise
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Cant beat servicing it yourself. Eurocarparts regularly has 30% off so an oil and oil filter change only costs me about £25. Other filters are only about a fiver each. And i can do it in the evenings when it suits me. Keep the all receipts if i ever the sell the car. And the amount i save each year out weighs any extra id get selling it with some dealer stamps. And i know the quality of my work is better than the dealers who just slap on parts and send the car on its way

Comment

I agree the stealers don't do top work. You just need a good garage, one you can trust. I believe stealers are like any other garage fail your car at MOT and rip you off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                Cant beat servicing it yourself. Eurocarparts regularly has 30% off so an oil and oil filter change only costs me about £25. Other filters are only about a fiver each. And i can do it in the evenings when it suits me. Keep the all receipts if i ever the sell the car. And the amount i save each year out weighs any extra id get selling it with some dealer stamps. And i know the quality of my work is better than the dealers who just slap on parts and send the car on its way
                Dealer servicing is a rip off. Pure and simple. I have absolute respect for my local as any advice is given FOC. They have to make a profit but cream it on servicing. I have an honest main dealer an hour from me who often doesn't charge for extra bits I get done but still charges the going rate at service. I do mine every second service with dealer to get software updates etc and even then I feel I'm robbed. I can do a full service, air, oil, diesel, and an oil change in less than an hour. I don't have a ramp or a pit. The brake pads are a favourite for the additional extra's. Where there is a margin they will charge.
                And as for the price they charge for oil. I buy and supply my own. Many won't let you do this but I insist.

Comment

Fortunately I have a very good dealer and letting them do the work retains my lifetime warranty. I could go to an indie for maybe a cheaper price but I'm happy with them
                  Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
                  X