No announcement yet.

TPM Sensor replaced same fault ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checked my tyre pressures today with a calibrated gauge. The tpms sensors are 3-4psi out. Will be getting rid then as they are useless anyway and just keep a gauge in the car with the inflator

Comment

Getting the codes read at lunchtime
      Can only be the monitor at fault I think ???
      Little box behind the rear bumper
      They don't seem that expensive so watch this space (fingers crossed ).

Comment

I removed all 4 x Sensors 18 months ago .......no lights or issues.......just do a weekly check on my Tyres . On the Dash screen there is only 4 x - Signs when toggled .

Comment

Originally posted by umfaan View Post
          I removed all 4 x Sensors 18 months ago .......no lights or issues.......just do a weekly check on my Tyres . On the Dash screen there is only 4 x - Signs when toggled .
          Thats good to know thanks.
          All codes reset today, may need a new module?
          Need to go on the motorway and check it out
          I may well go in your direction.
          Bloody pain they are.
          ps what year is your car ?

Comment

I don't know if they're meant to be 100% accurate or just an approximate guide. It should be remembered the reading on the screen is usually the last check the tpms made while the car was moving and tyres were warm. When the car is stood with cold tyres and checked with a gauge, The reading will be different.

I don't agree about them being useless. A few months ago I got a screw in my rear os tyre while on the move and I got the bleeps and warning on screen saying I'd lost 10psi. I stopped, found the screw (luckily it was well away from the side wall) so I drove straight to a tyre place and had it repaired. The tyre would have been knackered if I'd not known and carried on driving. You don't always feel a rear flat before the tyre wall has been damaged so It would have been a waste of a perfectly good tyre with 5mm tread if not for the tpms.

The only issue I've had with mine is a few days after I bought the car, driving back from Whitby to Hull I had the beeps and a zero pressure message pop up on screen for the ns rear. Stopped the car and checked and the tyre was solid. Got back in and carried on driving and after a few minutes pressure was reading fine again. It's never done it since.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Just found this on the internet, seems Vauxhall know all about it?

As promised I am providing an update after my latest return to the dealer regarding TPMS rear wheel problems.
              Firstly, last weekend was when I was able to test out the latest changes made by the dealer to my vehicle and it was successful!
              Opel had instructed the dealer to locate a new transponder behind the rear centre armrest inside the seat (mine is fixed, i.e. does not fold down). A wire then runs from this transponder to the front to connect to the existing system. Apparently the previous location behind the dash was subject to corrupted signals. The dealer said that all new Insignias with TPMS now have the transponder located where my was moved to.
              So I suggest a visit to your dealer and quote what they did to mine is in order. Note it may be the existing transponder on your vehicle is fine, it just needs moving.
              Best of luck and hope you get a favorable response.
              I'm going to ring my Dealer as this is meant to be a safety feature.

Comment

Regarding TPMS sensors and relearn issues. I had one replaced on my 09 plate Insignia, the tyre dealer could not code it in. Said they would have to get and attachment for their Snap-On code/reader and to come back in a couple of days. I drove about 20 miles the same day and after about 15 minutes the warning light went off and i could read the pressure on the computer display. The do self learn.

Comment

I've bought a couple of cheap sensors/valves and will get them fitted to my rear wheels as one has stopped working and one is giving erratic readings if they don't self learn I will get them coded

Comment

I had 2 front sensors changed on Tuesday at a local tyre garage, he connected to the cars ECU scanned all the sensors by holding his handheld device by the valves. Before he changed the 2 faulty ones, he coded them in on another device, I asked him about sensors and they are not genuine Vauxhall parts, but so far so good, he also replaced one on my brothers Juke using the same part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The garage are doing mine on Monday

Comment

Interesting stuff. I've got a reading of -- for my front left tyre, so looking to replace the sensor. Tyres getting done tomorrow and have an Autel sensor to go in, runs at two frequencies one being the 433mhz it needs. Not sure if will self learn as all the manuals say they will based on what people are saying here.

If worst comes to worst they said they will code it but may be 35 quid... I've seen on amazon a tpms cider which is like 13 quid. Guess can just code it myself? So I'm tempted to tell them to just pop it in when they fit the tyres and I'll drive home and see if it auto-learns, if not I'll get the tool.

Anyone know if that thinkdiag tool can do tpms? As may switch from this multidiag Pro for that as rather a mobile app tool than lugging a laptop put and about ha.

Comment

Just picked up mine
                          The left rear had a new sensor that I supplied it has not self learnt on the 6 Mile drive home .
                          The right rear which kept flashing up low pressure was working fine there was a piece of glass and a nail in the tyre causing a 3 psi drop over 3 days

Comment

Just found a tyre pressure learning setting by holding down the OK button while displaying the tyre pressure screen with the engine running and car stationery
                            It made no difference then did it again and drove still no reading from the new sensor so into the garage again tomorrow

Comment

usually the seller will pre program the sensors so they are plug and play.

where did you buy them?

Comment

Ebay thead

Comment

Working...
                                X