X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPM Sensor replaced same fault ??????

Is there an Antenna for each wheel ?
    Could one be damaged/corroded ?
    The nearside rear tyre pressure goes up or down a lot and on the Motorway at speed stops reading completely and puts the dash light on.
    Has anyone experienced any of this before?
    Thanks.

One receiver as far as im aware. Did you replace it for an oem sensor?

Comment

Yes a genuine GM part.
      The garage had to scan it to the car (I know everone says they are self learning but apparently not).
      I haven't driven too far yet but im doing 200 miles on Saturday so I'll see how it behaves.
      But not looking good.
      Do you know where the receiver is located?
      Thanks.

Comment

TPMS issues are a known problem. My Astra has the same system and periodically one or both rear sensors are not received.

I've found that it happens much more on certain stretches of road or near to certain locations so I strongly suspect someone somewhere is making some kind of transmission (wifi, CB radio, nearby cars with TPMS) and that transmission interferes with the TPMS signals.

My Astra's TPMS errors seem especially common in areas where there is poor radio reception, motorway services (everyone using wifi?), near lorry depots, near areas with lots of boats and sometimes when within a hundred yards of high-end luxury cars.

Comment

Tank you thats very intresting.
          For what its worth I would be happy if it could be turned off, I find it unessasarry and annoying.
          Can it be 'mapped out'?

Comment

What year is your car? after 2015 cars need it working to pass an mot

Comment

2012 mate
              I thought it was on 2012 cars
              What happens if you have winter wheels on at mot time ?

Comment

No 1st of Jan 2015 it became a MOT check

I would assume you would fail the check,

Comment

I had this fault on my 2013 2.0 CDTI facelift, it was very intermittent however the fault disappeared when I had a service done with updates to the ECU etc! Also i replaced a TPMS sensor in one wheel and they are definitely self learning

Comment

Auto Relearn or OBD Relearn?

The Vauxhall Insignia TPMS relearn is causing many issues in garages at the moment due to the confusion with the correct procedure. *Early manuals stated that the vehicle would auto relearn. The relearn procedure is set by the manufacturer and is basically the required process of telling the car it has new sensors installed.

The relearn procedure for the Vauxhall Insignia has now been confirmed has an OBD relearn, which involves scanning the new sensors with a TPMS scan tool and then connecting the tool to the vehicles, the exact procedure is listed*on our vehicle lookup tool.

We have updated our shop information to reflect this latest advice.

Please also be advised that we have been informed by many*customers that it can take up to 30 minutes of driving for the warning light to go out after performing the OBD relearn.

Failure to follow this OBD relearn procedure can result in the light staying on all the time and can result in showing the original fault with the new sensor.

I found this, there seems to be a few opinions on this, maybe my garage did it for quickness?
                    They didn't charge any extra for the scanning work. A small hand held scanner.

Comment

200 miles today.
                      I've had every TPMS Fault known to man !
                      And the tyre has been fine.
                      It must be the tpms ECU ???
                      I'll get it read on Monday at my Indy.
                      More money on an unnecessary feature.
                      I check my tyres every week/fortnight, every blowout I've ever had I knew about ?
                      Load of rubbish Euro Bollocks.

Comment

Glad mine don't have em
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Mines a 2011. 1 sensor started leaking so i removed it and put a normal valve in. Got the tpms light on the dash. 2nd sensor starting to slowly leak now. I dont want to buy new sensors as i check my car weekly (as you're meant to)
                          If i remove all 4 sensors would the tpms light disappear? As the car would think im on winters?

Comment

Not sure but would be interesting to know.
                            I'd certainly get rid if I could.
                            My problem only occurs at speed on the Motorway as the pressures rise.
                            All working fine this morning, but I use the Motorway a lot so I'll have to sort it either way.

Comment

yes the light will go out

Comment

Working...
                              X