Dashcam Clearout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashcam Clearout

All cams now given away, sold, or put back into use.

Glwts

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
      I have several dashcams which are no longer required for various reasons but mostly due to changing cars and fitting new cams to those cars.

Mio Mivue 538 (two of these, with mount and original power cable).
      £55 each.

Cobra 840 (two of these, with mount and original power cable). Currently the cams are covered in black electricians tape to make them less visible but it will peel off easily enough if you want them back to silver.
      £50 each.

Prices negotiable if you can show me that I'm asking too much.

Postage extra. Memory cards not included.
      If you're in East Anglia area I might be able to drop them off while on my travels.

All these cams are in full working order as far as I am aware and have been in use in various cars until recently. Bear in mind that almost all cameras have occasional crashes or freezes, just like most computers do from time to time.
      All cams genuine - originally bought from highly regarded sellers.

Please ask if you have any questions about the cams or the pros and cons of different makes/models.

These cameras may be listed for sale elsewhere and there may be a delay in me updating this advert if they have been sold elsewhere.

-

Did these sell ?

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
        Did these sell ?
        The Transcend DP100 cams (middle pictures) I gave away to relatives.

The Cobra cams (left) and Mio cams (right) are in my spare bits box. Sensible offers considered.

edit: my spare bits box also contains two Blacksys CF-100 cams (the one with 1080p front cam and a 720p rear cam which connects to the main unit by a 5m length of cable) - sensible offers considered for those, too.

Comment

The Transcend DP100 cams (middle pictures) I gave away to relatives.

The Cobra cams (left) and Mio cams (right) are in my spare bits box. Sensible offers considered.
          How about £35 for a cobra?

Comment

How about £35 for a cobra?
            Are you aware that the Cobra 840 has a relatively short power cable (maybe 8ft vs 12ft for most dashcams) which makes it difficult to run the wire from the 12v socket around the A-pillar trim up to the rear mirror?
            Also the Cobra 840 is very fussy about its power supply; its adapter is a 'jack' type rather than mini-USB and its adapter is 5.5v whereas most cams are 5v. The Cobra does have a mini-USB port but it isn't always reliable when powered through its mini-USB port.

Comment

Dashcam Clearout

Are you aware that the Cobra 840 has a relatively short power cable (maybe 8ft vs 12ft for most dashcams) which makes it difficult to run the wire from the 12v socket around the A-pillar trim up to the rear mirror?
              Also the Cobra 840 is very fussy about its power supply; its adapter is a 'jack' type rather than mini-USB and its adapter is 5.5v whereas most cams are 5v. The Cobra does have a mini-USB port but it isn't always reliable when powered through its mini-USB port.
              So maybe the other one is a better idea?

Comment

So maybe the other one is a better idea?
                Which would be the best one ? I could spend all night looking these up. You seem to know dash cams what would you recommend?

Comment

Which would be the best one ? I could spend all night looking these up. You seem to know dash cams what would you recommend?
                  If your Insignia has a large plastic casing (with auto-lights/auto-wiper sensors inside) onto which the rear view mirror attaches, then I wouldn't recommend any of the cams I put up for sale because they'll be difficult to mount without them blocking your view or the plastic casing blocking their view.

By modern standards the Mio 538 has average performance day or night but unfortunately an unresolved bug in the firmware means the speed stamp cannot be switched off, although the GPS module inside the camera casing could be unplugged from the circuit board.

The CF-100 is a bit below average during the day but above average at night, with the added benefit of an additional lower-resolution rear camera which plugs into the main camera. The CF-100 mount uses semi-permanent adhesive instead of a suction cup so you can't move it from one vehicle to another. No screen on the CF-100; you have to change settings by using manufacturer software to place a file on the micro sd card and then reinsert the card into the camera. Slow boot-up time after the cam receives power - approximately 25-30s before recording begins.

All have been very reliable although they're a few years old now. Due to its supercapacitor (instead of lithium battery) I'd say the CF-100 would be most likely to last longest before something fails.

Comment

If your Insignia has a large plastic casing (with auto-lights/auto-wiper sensors inside) onto which the rear view mirror attaches, then I wouldn't recommend any of the cams I put up for sale because they'll be difficult to mount without them blocking your view or the plastic casing blocking their view.

By modern standards the Mio 538 has average performance day or night but unfortunately an unresolved bug in the firmware means the speed stamp cannot be switched off, although the GPS module inside the camera casing could be unplugged from the circuit board.

The CF-100 is a bit below average during the day but above average at night, with the added benefit of an additional lower-resolution rear camera which plugs into the main camera. The CF-100 mount uses semi-permanent adhesive instead of a suction cup so you can't move it from one vehicle to another. No screen on the CF-100; you have to change settings by using manufacturer software to place a file on the micro sd card and then reinsert the card into the camera. Slow boot-up time after the cam receives power - approximately 25-30s before recording begins.

All have been very reliable although they're a few years old now. Due to its supercapacitor (instead of lithium battery) I'd say the CF-100 would be most likely to last longest before something fails.
                    Does the cf-100 have gps?

Comment

Does the cf-100 have gps?
                      It has a jack-type socket that will accept GPS but I never bought the GPS modules which were optional extras.

As the CF-100 is no longer in production, I don't think the GPS modules are produced now. However, the GPS module for cams such as the A118, A118C, A119 or A119C look very similar so they might well work.

If your Insignia has heat-reflective/solar glass the GPS signals won't get through. Mine is Elite trim level and GPS devices won't work inside my car.
                      Some cars with heat-reflective glass have a small area in the corners, or a small area near the mirror which isn't reflective and may pick up GPS signals although I don't know if that applies to Insignias.

Comment

It has a jack-type socket that will accept GPS but I never bought the GPS modules which were optional extras.

As the CF-100 is no longer in production, I don't think the GPS modules are produced now. However, the GPS module for cams such as the A118, A118C, A119 or A119C look very similar so they might well work.

If your Insignia has heat-reflective/solar glass the GPS signals won't get through. Mine is Elite trim level and GPS devices won't work inside my car.
                        Some cars with heat-reflective glass have a small area in the corners, or a small area near the mirror which isn't reflective and may pick up GPS signals although I don't know if that applies to Insignias.
                        I don’t have auto lights or anything in this car and the windscreen is plain.

There are only two up on fleabay at the moment, or even a few from abroad (not even the eu)

How much were you after ?

Comment

I don’t have auto lights or anything in this car and the windscreen is plain.

There are only two up on fleabay at the moment, or even a few from abroad (not even the eu)

How much were you after ?
                          I'm not sure what they're worth and there aren't many for sale nowadays to give an idea of their value. Probably the CF-100 value is not much different to the Mio and Cobra because they were all retailing for similar money a few years ago.

Comment

Sorry for disappearing. My existing dash cam has started working again.

I’m also leaning towards the cobra as that’s the make I have now and would give me the GPS to play with so if you come up with a price ?

Cheers

Comment

Sorry for disappearing. My existing dash cam has started working again.

I’m also leaning towards the cobra as that’s the make I have now and would give me the GPS to play with so if you come up with a price ?

Cheers

I'm not keen to move much on price unless you want both Cobras.

I'm also aware that sending batteries (or devices containing batteries) through the post is a bit of a minefield - if we agreed on a deal would we be able to meet halfway, say on the North-East edge of London (assuming you live near Uckfield)? You would also be able to check the cam(s) before parting with cash.

Let me check the Cobra cams in the morning to confirm that they work properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X